Z-Index is inverted/ignored when editing UI in the Studio viewport

I messaged a Roblox staff about this, hopefully they’ll push the case forward

1 Like

Exactly what I told everybody. Nobody does anything until Preston or the BloxFruits dev complain about it.

Check the Bug Reports category: they’re actively working on fixing bugs. There is change.

My fair guess is Monday though. They’re Roblox employees, they work 9-to-5 Mon-Fri. We’re stuck with this over the weekend until then.

There also work people in the weekend if the Roblox servers shutdown it will be fixed and invested in the weekend too

Yes, there are on-call technicians, but often they will either not be in the office but be paid to stay available and come in if there is an emergency, or they will be in the office but they won’t be fixing bugs like this, they’re only there to ensure servers runs.

This is a software bug and I hardly doubt there are any software engineers at Roblox that are on call.

1 Like

Many users experiencing this issue right now (including myself)

Here too :point_down:

2 Likes

yes, need an fix asaaaappp!!!

I’m also experiencing issues with the UI Editor.

https://gyazo.com/d1cdb4acf8af9667e60d364e9c93d4c6

Clicking on objects with High ZIndex values doesn’t select them. Instead, its selecting things layered underneath. In this video, the Button I’m trying to select has a ZIndex of 3, but the frames being selected are layered underneath, with a ZIndex of 1.

I’m using Global ZIndexBehaviour!

Please Fix this Roblox!

5 Likes

I want to update everyone that the Zindex has now become inverted, meaning if you access the smaller frame, you’ll need to increase the Zindex of the main frame to a number larger than the Zindex of the small frame. However, it’s still really buggy and doesn’t work sometimes. Again, I do hope they fix this issue tomorrow :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

It is a pain to edit UI with this bug, I am currently just changing the position of UI elements through the property panel because of this issue, everything in the background is getting selected instead of what I want…

1 Like

I’m bumping this, please fix this. It is impossible to edit the UI at the moment.
I’m hoping this will get fixed soon, making a UI takes way longer now, especially in a big game full of invisible frames.

3 Likes

Fix this stupid bug already, it’s been 5 days and it’s nearly impossible to edit UI’s at all.

1 Like

Hi all, thank you for escalating this issue. We are investigating this urgently and will update as soon as we can.

2 Likes

Hi all, this should be resolved now. Please restart Studio to apply an update and let me know if this behavior continues.

11 Likes

It’s finally fixed, thank you very much.

1 Like

Thank you for finally responding! I can confirm this bug is fixed myself. Good evening to you and all your team!

1 Like

Tysm! Seems to fixed, and i can finally edit the UI of my game again! :heart:

1 Like

Hello!

Quick addition, actually: if you set a ScreenGUI’s ZIndexBehavior to Sibling, a label that would draw over the screen would still not be selected but its parent frame would.

I can attach a repro file if necessary.

Is this expected behaviour?
Thank you a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

make sure this doesn’t happen again pall

1 Like

Hi Meaxis, thanks for the follow-up. Could you file a new devforum bug with a repro file? This sibling behavior has likely existed in the UI Editor for a long time and is unrelated to the issue you reported in this thread.