UI elements are incorrectly displayed & misaligned

Having view problems, it’s going to be hard to have my entire OS at 100% scale but I really appreciate the transparency towards the users. Thanks for explaining the issue and caring about it, I really appreciate it! :smiley:

When can a fix be expected?

My windows DPI is at 125%, resolution is 2560x1440.

1 Like

We will post here tomorrow about the updates.

8 Likes

This got fixed light speed! Thank you! There’s still slight offset when you click in 1st person, though.

I noticed these same issues on mobile several weeks ago (UIStroke):

2 Likes

Is it possible to ask why this was enabled before the issue with non-integer values was resolved?

125-150% DPI scaling is common (quite practical too!) as a system default setting on many mid-range PCs and this made gameplay become quite uncomfortable, as all of the UIs (including chat bubbles) were suddenly blown up and became huge, going from this:

to this:

I do appreciate that there is a lot of work that goes into these features, but I can’t understand why this was shipped (but later turned off, much appreciated) in such a state, rather than waiting for this known issue to be resolved with the feature.

Whilst I mean no disrespect to anyone who worked on this, it has felt just like with some other examples including Asset Manager (which kept being released and later turned off due to complaints about functionality et al), and the Built-In Materials update (which has now been altered to respect community concerns, but only after 3 threads of criticism/feedback, but was until the point it was paused seemed to be ignoring a lot of feedback around look and feel of some materials i.e. slate, grass), that Roblox seems to have quite a bit of an issue with rushing products out the door without considering their feasibility and how they will affect developers (and more importantly in many cases, our players!).

Thank you for reading.

2 Likes

If this has been fixed, then I’m afraid it didn’t for me. Some of my UI objects are still misaligned, it even happened that a full-screen frame became not full screen. (Running the latest version)

Hi, we have reverted the feature that was causing the issue and currently the system should operate as before with all ui rendering in the non-highRes version. If you have extra issues, do you mind posting with a new bug-report with a screenshot(better with repro place file) and your device spec?

For UI specifically, we are expecting specs of you device’s display resolution(the resolution of screen where Roblox is running on if multiple screens) and your scale settings. Thanks.

3 Likes

Hi @Noble_Draconian, can you provide a link to an experience that shows the UI misalignment? I’m working on a fix and I want to make sure this problem does not occur anymore.
Also, anyone else who experienced this issue, if you could provide a repro case that I can test on my end that would be great. Thanks!

https://www.roblox.com/games/7200003285/Super-Skyward-Towers

You’ll see the text getting messed up in the loading screen, when the problem occurs.

Thanks! I’ve confirmed the fix that I’m working on fixes the problem. Next time we enable HiDPI you should not notice any artifact. Text and UIs will just look sharper.

4 Likes

I’ve noticed that after the latest Roblox client update, the viewport is blurry on HiDPI screens. The GUIs are correctly scaled and sharp, but the 3D viewport is low-resolution and blurry. The 3D viewport should be using the full resolution of my screen.

2 Likes

This is still causing unwanted and undesired behaviour. See my previous post, which I still believe is valid:

After testing with a non-integer scaling setting, I’d like to add that ProximityPrompts are shown incorrectly at high DPI as well. The lines that make up the “loading circle” are shown even when the proximity prompt is not being used.

150% scaling
No scaling

5 Likes

Something like this is happening to me again where Roblox UI is now bigger (maybe around 1.5x bigger) but isn’t blurry. It was working fine yesterday and I temporarily fixed the blurry scaling issue by changing an FFlag in the local roblox files (don’t remember which one though).

3 Likes

I also have to change an FFlag to make it display correctly. Really disappointed that Roblox hasn’t done anything to account for high-density displays

1 Like

Which FFlag did you enable/disable? It would be great if I could temporarily fix for now until Roblox issues an official fix (again)

1 Like

This issue is still occurring and actively degrading my experience playing Roblox. GUIs are scaled correctly but the viewport is blurry.

2 Likes

FFlagClientEnableHiDpi2 on Windows, FFlagMacClientEnableHiDpi on macOS

1 Like

HiDPI was recently enabled.
I’m not sure if this issue that I am facing is related to the bug, but the issue is probably related to it.

In these images, you can see that the UI has been misaligned when I am using a UIListLayout.

In this image, you can see that these are the properties that have been set for the UIListLayout.

Reproduction file.rbxl (38.6 KB)
Here is the reproduction file if you need it.