UI Tools: The All-In-One Interface Design Solution

@stijn_gamet @Greyminem

Unfortunately there is currently no way to do that. Roblox completely transitioned the plugin store to USD a few months ago. The minimum price for plugins is $4.99, but you can also make them free.

I’m not planning on setting up an alternative way to purchase the plugin with a gamepass, as it requires me to maintain and pay for a server, unless there’s some other way to do that.

You could use something like Parcel as an asset-selling service and have the user manually update it.

1 Like

Could you add a dropdown menu to convert any ui into any other like convert a image button to a image label or text label to an text button and have it maintain its size? I dont think this is a thing from what ive read about the plugin and from my experience of using it for a very short time but if it is I apologize and would like to know how to access it.

You can change the ClassName in the Properties window:

(Tip: press enter to autocomplete)

I also noticed you can’t undo class conversions. I’ll release a fix for it shortly.

1 Like

Been Using it since 2022, The best plugin that i could ever find, completes all my needs, would recommend it

2 Likes

Does the fast scale feature work using a UIScale constraint? I’m thinking of getting this plugin but I’m specifically looking to fix issues with AutoCanvasSize scrollbars and UIStroke not scaling with screen size and I know UIScale fixes these.

If this isn’t how it works then it would be great to add that to fix these issues / an alternative.

1 Like

Fast scale works by converting properties to relative units and uses a few tricks for edge cases.

I use UIScale in my games and have thought of adding this feature to the plugin, but since it requires a script and scaling in edit-time, I’ve kept this idea in the back of my mind for now.

It shouldn’t be hard to implement. I’m currently working on it in studio.

1 Like

Added it as an experimental feature in the latest update. Do note that with UIScale you need to use anchor points to keep the UI in the same place. The plugin has an anchor editor for that.

Scrolling frame with AutomaticCanvasSize:

The UIScale instance has some attributes you can edit:

Seems like it works kinda, something doesn’t quit work well in some cases (either because there’s a aspect ratio constraint or because everything uses scale for size). If the problem is caused by my gui using scale, then it should automatically convert all size of descendants to offset. Also I’m a bit dissapointed in the property window. I was hoping it could remplace the default property window by getting rid of junk/old ui properties and also directly displaying properties of all constraints inside of it (ex: UIStroke etc). I might be asking too much but it would be lovely.

It’s only an issue when the container frame (has a ScreenGui as its parent) uses scale.

I disagree on your take about converting everything to offset. If your UI is static (no resizing happens during runtime), then it’s probably fine, but it’s different if you want some inner elements to be relative.

Suppose you have this kind of setup:

If you want to add a size animation to the outer frame, the two inner frames must use scale.
There’s surely a better example, but I hope you get what I mean.

You can see the properties widget in the thumbnails, but that’s just an excuse. I’m aware that the entire properties widget is a disappointment (except the fast scale features), and I’d rather rewrite the entire plugin than redesign and rewrite the widget.

Rewriting the plugin has been on my mind for quite a while. I don’t like the way it’s coded and never want to touch the interface again (it’s created separately and is a nightmare to manage because of the lack of components).

Do I plan on doing it? I want to, but it’s not a small project and I can only dedicate it so much time for now.

Feature-wise, the plugin is not that large and rewriting should be faster because I’m going to use Fusion as the UI framework. I’ll post an update here if there’s any progress.

Well then a quick fix to automatically convert the parent to offset would be great. Also seems like the undo/redo are a bit weird and restore the wrong size so you might need to look into that.

Apart from that thank you for actually adding this feature in!

1 Like

Hi again. I’ve noticed a pretty big issue with the UIScale feature. It only seems to take in account the height of the screen as opposed to both (like UIAspectRatio + Scale would do). This has caused some of my UI to either completly go off screen or hide other elements on devices with more squared screens.

Would it be possible to get this fixed ASAP? Thanks!

Fixed it:

You can see both are pretty much the same, though you may have to tweak the ‘Resolution’ attribute a bit. This attribute is now a Vector2, representing the original width and height to scale up/down from.

The runtime script is automatically updated, but you’ll have to re-scale everything or change the ‘Resolution’ attribute manually for the new version to work properly.

You can also do this now:

I couldn’t reproduce this bug.

It’s in the update.

1 Like

We can’t buy it with robux anymore?

You can’t.

About the bug, more specifically if the viewport size changes (ex: Switching between device emulation) the change of the scale will be saved in history and so when undoing the ui will go back to the previous scale and not match what it’s supposed to be.

Hey, I saw that there is 2 buttons for fast scale now, what’s the difference? which one do I use if I want it to behave like the old 1 fast scale button? Sorry if you already answered this somewhere but I just don’t get it

There are two scaling options now:

• scaling with relative units (old);
  • scaling with the UIScale instance (new).

From the UIScale’s documentation page:

Use relative unit scaling if you want the old behavior.

UIScale pros:

• Easy UI modification (nothing about your UI is changed when scaling in terms of properties and modifiers);
  • Works even for UI added after scaling (if it’s a child of the scaled instance);
  • No overhead (only one instance is added, though it requires a script);
  • Works with the automatic sizing feature and scales basically everything (scroll bars, strokes, text, padding, etc.);
  • Should look similar to scaling with relative units.

Cons:

• Requires a script to work when playtesting or in a live server.

I recommend scaling the entire ScreenGui, but it should also work with GuiObjects.
You can find the start of the conversation about UIScale here.

1 Like

I think it’s more of a Roblox issue, but it can be fixed by re-computing the Scale property every time you undo something (or the property changes on its own if there’s no undo callback). I’ll dedicate some time in the near future to fix this bug.

I just tested this out and oh my god this is huge!! I just put a UIScale in a screengui and the scripts makes everything work with offset. thank you for letting me know this will make editing frames so much easier

1 Like