UI Tools: The All-In-One Interface Design Solution

v2.1 unstable

This release is unstable. Please report all bugs here.

Hey everyone! The v2.1 update was released a day ago. I just had the time to update the post. Make sure to check it out. Here’s an elevator to the top for you.

Do you like the plugin? Please leave a positive rating because it’s currently not looking too positive. lol

3 Likes

I’ve been seeing more paid plugins in the #resources:community-resources category, and it appears you can now post both paid and free resources there. That’s why I’ve moved this post to the community resources category.

I don’t know when they edited it, but the last edit to the rules was made on April 6th.

3 Likes

I was literally about to ask if you are going to release an older version for free LOL, ty for it btw.

when???

I updated the price because I didn’t feel compensated by 210 robux per sale. I wouldn’t say 350 is that different, but at least it makes me feel more compensated. I have spent several days of non-stop work (in total) on this plugin and I will not undervalue my work. Thank you for your understanding.

3 Likes

now it’s allowed, it now says this:

thats understandable, anyways you have and everyone has a reason for everything they do.

1 Like

Looks like somebody didn’t read the whole message.

I have published a fix that makes the class conversion feature rely on a local version of the Roblox API dump because I will be doing server maintenance and some other things, so my website will be down. It will take a while, but the plugin will be unaffected.

I also fixed some bugs and added this message system:

It gets a list of messages from a marketplace asset, so it does not require any plugin updates.

I already have some plans for future updates. I will be working on them when I have time.

1 Like

I don’t think your fix work… The plugin is bugged:

The plugin would still function properly, except for the class conversion feature, even if I didn’t add the fix. Please submit your issue as a bug report here.

1 Like

is it possible to remake the class convertion for an future update?

Hey, I’ve got an idea for a suggestion: You could make it so that you can edit your default GUI settings to something else, for example:

You might feel tired having to center the Anchor Point each time you create a frame. With this, you can change it so that anytime a frame is created, it sets it automatically to an anchor point you set. You Could even make it so that for different UI Types have different default properties:

Example:
ImageButton -

• Anchor Point: 0.5, 0.5
  • Size In: Offset
  • Position In: Scale
  • ImageType: Fit

ImageLabel -

• Anchor Point: 0, 1
  • Size In: Scale
  • Position In: Scale
  • ImageType: Slice

Hopefully you get the point, it might be specific but I think it’d help a lot of us UI Designers out there that use your plugin. @zilibobi

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion.

I also considered adding something similar but didn’t know how to present it. I will try to release this feature in the next update.

The only way I believe it’s possible to accomplish it is by having a widget with default settings for every GUI element and a button to insert the element.

The reason it’s bad practice to apply default settings to every GUI element inserted is that it can apply settings to unwanted objects.

The layout could look something like this (it’s overly scaled, but the idea is still there):

Although it may take a while to add support for most major property types.

What I’m doing now… I’m currently uploading 2,510 icons with regular and filled styles, and both of them have multiple resolutions: 16x16, 20x20, 24x24, 32x32, 64x64, 128x128, and 256x256.

I’m using icons from the fluent icon pack by Microsoft. The next update will include a separate widget with all these icons.

I first had to convert all icons from SVG to PNG while colouring them white and resizing them. I ended up with 33,173 images…

The icons are uploaded automatically using the assets API. First, all regular icons are uploaded, then follow the filled.

It’s taking painfully long. 60% (out of the regular icons) is only about 10,000. I also have to upload the failed icons.

Nevertheless, I think this is worth it. You can look forward to a great update :nerd_face::+1:.

This is not all I have planned, but I decided to keep it slow and not include everything in one update.

Edit: Just got a warning. I think this one was a Bluetooth icon.

4 Likes

I have closed the feedback poll since only 16 out of 68, or approx. 23.53% of voters have purchased the plugin. There’s no point in making this poll active any longer.

I have a lot of good idea but this can make the plugin more expensive. But here are the ideas:

• if you add default properties you need to add the option to scale it by default!
  • If you add a complete image library, we need an advanced search bar using string.find() per example.
  • Another good idea is to make presets. For example you can make a preset that save every properties and attributes. Now like the colour or ui gradient preset using a simple click you can have a preset of what you selected! Really cool feature.
  • if there is no default properties, can you make in setting that automatic scale size?
  • after this massive update, could you make a library of a lot of colours to make our choise when we need to make ui. Also can we pin them? for the the image library too?
2 Likes

First off, this plugin is absolutely amazing and worth every penny. All the features prove very convenient to my workflow and I don’t know what I would do without this plugin :sweat_smile:! Thank you @zilibobi!

Also, I would like to suggest for you to allow users to favorite icons or add them to some kind of folder in the upcoming icon widget. This would allow users to find they’re preferred icons with ease.

13,000 icons :exploding_head:

2 Likes

I really want the update to release! Do you have a release date?

Unfortunately, there’s no set release date. My to-do list is packed, and this update is not a high priority.

2 Likes

Are you working on a new plugin?

1 Like