As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to make corners for individual corners with UICorner.
I know that this can be worked around using PhotoShop, Pixlr, or something else, but that’s beyond the point.
What I think we need is to be able to customize the sides that corners apply to.
How this could work (sorry about the missing checkbox for the top one)
Making it so you can check if you want to have that side cornered.
Currently, the only workaround is either using tiny frames to make corners, which takes a lot of time, or uisng a photo editing service to make the frame, but that also takes time, and you have to wait for moderation, and some players might have the image not load.
If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because we would be able to customize what sides a UICorner would apply to
Currently, Banners are very hard to get right.
Say you have a UI that looks like this
As you can see, there’s corners at the bottom, but we dont want that.
What you could do this this:
But, that’s bad for many reasons
- Nonetheless it’s still another UI element, using up more GPU and memory.
- These are pretty hard to get right, and most of the time it off centers your content
- If you have a transparent GUI, you’re screwed.
- Make UI more custom
Making the top part from Studio alone was extremely hard to create, because I wanted it to have that corner in the right.
I had to:
- make 2 frames
- make a frame to cover up the corners on the far left
- make a frame to cover the top right corner of the bottom bar
- make a frame to cover the top of the top bar
All of that is way too much for making something so simple.
If Roblox were to add this, it would greatly improve my experience and allow more usage out of UICorner.