UICorner [Live]

Great feature! Its not RIP Roundify as the plugin has some few extra things there to help we out like auto ordering and so, but its good to see that the Roblox team is working to give us what has been missing for soo long. Better late than never :wink:

12 Likes

Hmmmmmm I was excited by this and sad at the same time you will be missed Roundify but with the performance impact, it might not be scalable for a game with >50 UI elements that need to be rounded looks like you’re staying Roundify :slight_smile:

Still, nice to know this is available for image assets and viewports. Viewports in particular, I think, was requested a while ago so thank you for putting this in the engine

11 Likes

We can finally create circles.

98 Likes

Really love this new Instance, especially how CornerRadius is scriptable. Might use this and MouseEnter/MouseLeave to create some responsive corner tweening.

12 Likes

WOW! :open_mouth:

The expectations have been exceeded! I never knew that Roblox could handle such hover accuracy!

Not only that, I especially love that we can use scale to set the corner radius. I always didn’t like the 9-slice method because the corners would be more or less rounded on different devices.

#1: I’d be great to have an option to use simple sampling or pixel-based. This is to that if we have small corners, we don’t really need that accuracy, while with large corners, it’d be great to have such accuracy.

#2: I don’t necessarily like the border going away due to the UICorner:

I’d be great to make the border wrap around the corner like this:

#3: Please add an option to “wrap” instead of “crop”. For example, a square border looks like this with UICorner in it:

If the corners got distorted in order to form a round shape, then silhouette images like these can benefit a lot. For full images like thumbnails, cropping would work, therefore, there should be an option to switch between the two. IDK if this will be good on the engine, but it’d be great to have.

Honestly, this kind of give me UIGradient vibes when we all thought it was such a new feature and all. I even remember that you posted it @0xabcdef1234! Now it’s like it’s part of our daily lives LOL. :rofl:

Also, I just noticed that your username is a hexadecimal value! I just converted it and it shows:

P.S. I’m curious, why are your threads never locked like other announcement threads? I thought it was consistent…

Nevertheless, keep it up, Roblox! :roblox: :roblox_light:

48 Likes

Wow! This is an update I’ve been waiting a long time for! Keep it up!

But, when can we expect GUI effects to return to Scrolling Frames?

8 Likes

This is amazing! I don’t have to make images and hope to align them properly anymore! Love this!

5 Likes

Squares are a thing of the past. Amazing update! :x::black_square_button:

13 Likes

Yes! This is amazing! Now I don’t have to make my images round using a photo editing app! Thank you!

4 Likes

This is a dream come true. No more having to go into ms paint to modify images. This is, hands down, one of the best updates of the year! Keep it up Roblox! :smiley:

6 Likes

This is awesome! Some questions/ideas for improvements though:

• Are there any plans to support elliptical corners in the future?

• Are there any plans to support individual corner radius in the future?

• In light of the performance concerns about UICorner, is it a future goal of the UI system to better support rendering to ‘intermediate’ targets (which would also allow for better and faster transparency, clipping and masking effects)?
44 Likes

I like it. We can now make circles and do tons of interesting things.

I found one thing that’s annoying, though – elements with UI corner being applied are smaller on their straight edges. This means you can’t just put two elements with rounded corners next to each other seamlessly, as there will be space a thin line visible in between. pls fix

9 Likes

Wait what? Now it’s possible to create circular thumbnail and/or circular minimap?! This would be a really great, and even the best!

4 Likes

Wow it looks amazing! This is a great feature!

4 Likes

As of now, it does not appear to be the case unless there is a good amount of use cases for individual corner radius:

4 Likes

Wow, you can’t imagine how grateful I am to see this update coming right around the corner!
I’ll finally be able to have rounded player icons among many other things.

5 Likes

Neat update, though a bit limited in its current application. Would be nice if you could customize the corners. Could be as simple as giving per corner control and allowing the user to choose how many segments the corner uses (so you can have 45 degree corners instead of just circle), or more advanced such that the player can use a mask.

3 Likes

This opens so many new doors to Roblox development! I can’t wait to create new UI with this feature. You can almost fully design UI in Roblox studio, exciting! :smiley:

4 Likes

Rest in peace Roundify LOL
Finally this should’ve been a built in feature ages ago.

10 Likes

This is really cool, Roundify is going to have some trouble…

6 Likes