UICorner [Live]

My corners keep deleting themselves whenever I size or position a GUI.
https://gyazo.com/4440313f1b3c346caeb0a40bbe5d43b4

3 Likes

I am having the same issue. It also happens when I insert new GUI objects.

Will there ever be corner specific settings?

Yeah, it really starts to get on my nerves especially after doing the perfect settings on them.

Will we be getting each individual corner sizing soon?

1 Like

CornerRadius Decreasing on UI Object Select - Help and Feedback / Art Design Support - DevForum | Roblox

Can this issue please be fixed? It’s been annoying me quite a lot when designing user interfaces and it seems to happen almost every time now.

1 Like

@0xabcdef1234

Scrolling Frames

It’s been close to a year time and I use UICorner all the time, although I am sad about one limit. Scrolling Frames.

Sadly UICorners doesn’t support Scrolling frames BUT I did find a workaround, Sort of.
With the newly upcoming UIStrokes I found if you insert the UIStrokes first THEN The UICorner UIStrokes won’t know it’s not supported and will take on an Invisible UICorner that replicates a simulation of it being there. Although I can’t exactly figure out how to get it functional when creating UI Through scripts. I am curious though, Will Scrolling Frames ever be supported with UICorners?

2 Likes

Do you mind describe what is the expected behavior when you parent a uicorner under a scrolling frame…?
We suspend the support for it as the expected behavior is vague when it comes to scrolling frame. If you just want a scrolling frame with a background with round corners, you could use a ImageLabel with UICorner and parent the ScrollingFrame and its content under this ImageLabel.
Similarly, if you want the whole canvas has a round corner, you could parent an ImageLabel under ScrollingFrame with the same size of canvas and then parent content under this ImageLabel.

For reference:
roundScrollingFrames.rbxl (28.4 KB)

4 Likes

You would really expect it to act like any other frame, I used one of your examples of having an entire frame then putting the scrolling frame inside it and that seemed to do the trick perfectly. Although I have to alter a bunch of code to allow it. Direct support to Scrolling Frames could help a lot.

– With scrollbar thickness set to 0

– With scrollbar thickness set to 6

Essentially the scrollbar roundness wouldn’t be affected since that’s images and can still be customized by default.

Great update! Although using clip descendants property with the Ui corner does not hide the inside that is going far out.

Please make ScrollingFrame’s and ClipsDescendants support the UICorner. It would be great!

3 Likes

Will we be able to individually change the corners in the future? For example, what if I only wanted 2 corners rounded?

6 Likes

I would love to see this feature implemented too.

Please make ClipDescendants support the UICorner.

https://gyazo.com/a56801c325e01567a41c71ca26bba4c4

The circle goes out of the corner of the button. I’ll be very hyped if UICorner will support ClipDescendants.

2 Likes

When would this be released? UICorners have been out for quite a while now.

For current feedback:
UICorners are getting around wonderful with my work style! :wink:

Sorry for the bump, but is there a reason making circles with UICorner doesn’t work anymore?

As you can see, CornerRadius is 1, 0, and that should be making a circle. However, whats shown in there is just a rounded square.

EDIT: It appears this only happens for small sizes, but still an issue nonetheless.

1 Like

what is the size of your parent guiobject? The scale will only apply to minimum edge length, so the object needs to be a perfect square if you want to make a circle from it.

1 Like

I cannot find UICorner anywhere.

I scrapped the old UI for a much newer one which has this problem fixed, and I was able to isolate the problem to the way I set the UI up after extensive testing.

The circle had a +0.5 increase in AbsolutePosition.Y because I had set AnchorPoint.Y to 0.5 and set Position.Y.Scale to 0.5 on the circle. This effectively centered it, however due to an accuracy error in the parent UIPadding object (I set it to 5 instead of 6), caused the +0.5 increase as 5/2 = 2.5.
Answering what you said though, the circle had a size that would’ve made it a perfect square.

However, if it was intended to work as it should’ve (aka I entered in the right UIPadding information), this wouldn’t have been an issue.

I’ve also noticed that the parts of the circle that have lower opacity (that form from anti-aliasing) are higher opacity than the reference I was going for.

TL;DR - Human error and it didn’t match with the reference exactly

Is there any plans to add features such as:

• Support for ClipDescendants
    This would be useful for things like progress bars
  • Support for Individual Corner Radius
    This would be useful for making modern looking UI and would improve the overall look of some designs.

Adding support for these would save developers a lot of time and would be great to use together.
Currently, if I wanted to do Individual Corner Radius’s, I’d need to use ~3 frames to get the desired look, and when the entire game’s UI matches that style, it’d add up to a lot of frames. I understand that I can use external programs such as Photoshop or Illustrator for this but I still think it’d be a good addition to Roblox and would save developers a lot of time.

Thanks!

2 Likes