UICorner [Live]

Any news when we will be able to use it in published games?

Scale is possible in all areas of design. You’re just not using the tools Roblox provide you.

You may also want to use something like breakpoints (which is trivial when using a framework like Roact).

Additionally, redoing the entire UI system is counter-productive when there are already professional libraries (like Roact and Elttob’s framework) to accomplish more complicated goals with Roblox’s UI system.

7 Likes

I’ll check these things out, I just feel that it’s pointless to make UiCorner when they could have improved on 9slices.

What exactly do Elltobs framework as well as Roact provide? I don’t think you understand what I mean when I say scale, I mean scale as in sizing UI elements…

Roact is a framework for creating UI with code. It allows you to better scale UI with breakpoints (for a real world alternative, see web development), which let you adjust the UI’s size, position, etc. based on the screen size. This, with scale, let’s you create truly responsive interfaces.

But let’s not get side-tracked, feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

1 Like

This update is awsome!!! Just the thing, in game it’s not visible :frowning: please add that visual effect to game

3 Likes

They… will? Why would they release something if they have no plans to put it in game lol

1 Like

This is so useful! Rounding player images was impossible before, but now I can do this: image
I’ll still try to use 9-slice for solid colors, but UICorner is perfect for images.

3 Likes

I just love this new feature, I remember using those roundify plugins to do the job but now a UIConstraint, the future is definitely bright ROBLOX!

2 Likes

It would be nice to be able to adjust the roundness/number of cuts on the round, or at least give an option to just cut the edges instead of making them round so I can create round buttons with one cut like this (not sure what to call it)
something

8 Likes

You’re correct I was making the point that this feature is way more powerful. Stelrex did a great job with the plugins. I never pointed out any cons nor pros.

1 Like

Whoa, Nice making UI without the use of using Roundify or ImageGUIs, This is a nice update.

1 Like

Working with a circle sliced into rounded corners is still tacky but produces better results. Good job though. Where’s the "How to make gui’s responsive tutorial? Way to always produce half measures! That’s the Roblox way! I’m 50/50. Love vs dislike. These updates are rushed and not helpful in many cases. Slow down. I want quality. I love developing. No disrespect. #GOAG P.S. Dedicated developers, experienced or not want to go to RDC. A community of thinkers surpasses a company agenda when it comes to improving a platform. Not listening to developers that are still here complaining is dumb. We don’t like the topbar Roblox Icon either! but keep doing you Roblox!

1 Like

No one voted “this is not good” and i felt bad for the voting button so I voted for it.
PS: UiCorner is good

1 Like

With this new UICorner beta feature, I can make a perfect roundly border UI. This feature is actually pretty clever, I hope this feature will be released soon. :+1:

2 Likes

How long it takes until its public ?
https://gyazo.com/59b5dca4896466e5144bc6c62d2e9250

1 Like

Thank you for this! :slight_smile:

I’ve done some messing about with the uicorner element
I’ve found that if you want the exact same curve of a parent frame on a child frame, the child frame’s radius needs to be multiplied by 3 1/3 (fraction). This is of course for scale only.
A nice thing to have would be an AbsoluteRadius property. This would help with decimal inacurracy and (maybe) dynamic scaling using scripts.
Overall, this is a great update! :+1:

3 Likes

I found a bug.
So I made a frame and inserted the UICorner element, and I set the Style property to ‘Dropshadow’ image
But this is what it looked like :rofl:
This is in beta yes, but I’m not sure how they messed up so bad on this one.

7 Likes

Please don’t patch this Roblox; this is actually kinda cool. What does it look like with other frame files?

2 Likes