UIGridLayout is malfunctioning on iOS

The issue does not happen on android phones or tablets, or on pc. It is happening only on iOS devices (phones and Ipads).
The horizontal alignment of the UIGrid is “Left” but it’s acting as if it’s “Centre”. Note the scrollbar is also weird on the righthand side.

This is what the UI looks like from an emulator of the exact same device on PC.

3 Likes

What version of the Roblox client is your iOS device on? We may have enabled a bug fix which is not available on certain versions which haven’t yet been force upgraded.

How do I direct the player to find the version of their roblox client?

They should be able to see it in the app store page for the Roblox app. They’re also supposed to be able to see it on the help page in-game, but I think that’s currently broken.

Go the app version from the player. They also updated to the newest available version, however, the issue persisted.

Can you provide a repro place file?

taking a look at this

Did you find anything regarding this?

Have not been able to repro this behavior yet, any chance you could upload an rbxl that breaks for you?

Sure, I could send you the place file with the issue and direct you regarding how to get to the menu that is causing issues

that would be great

@Ravenshield had to work around this problem while working on the Halloween event, maybe he can provide a repro too. I think it had to do with the UIGridLayout not creating a proper grid of the items when Scale was used for the Size of the UI elements inside the grid. He worked around it by calculating the offsets of the Size and not using Scale at all. (IIRC)

Looks like the latest release for mobile devices fixes this issue. We just released this within the last day or so, so its not on everyone’s phone yet but will be soon. Looks like maybe 25% of users as of this post are on the new version.

1 Like

Is this update in the UK? I’m still getting this glitch on my and my friends devices, and I need release the mobile version in a few days.

Yes it should be, is there a game I can try to repro this on that you are seeing?

GUIBUG2.rbxl (21.2 KB)

The main menu screen will be black save top bar on my iPad, fine on my laptop.

Currently the UI is working on my iPhone, but not my iPad. My iPad last updated Roblox on the 4th of November. My Phone updated on the 5th. Version 2.314.161197 for both of them.

Edit: This page of the UI will not display on both my iPhone and iPad, appearing on PC only:
GUIBUG3.rbxm (10.2 KB)

taking another look into this

1 Like

I have a fix for this, this should hopefully be out in a week or two on mobile. Sorry this took so long

2 Likes

Looks like this bug has returned in the latest mobile update. It was gone for a small amount of time, but has returned in the latest update.