UIStroke is Now Live!

how could a stoke give performance problems?

1 Like

The Roblox engine would have calculate where to put the stroke everytime you change the Text, Size etc. of the UI element, on top of this it will also have to recalculate everytime you change the UI stroke properties.

1 Like

I’m so excited to start using this for my UI! Great job guys! :heart:

1 Like

Yes! Finally! I was waiting for this for a long time. Can’t wait to use it,
great update!

1 Like

Awesome! I’ve already been using this for pretty much everything I’m working on at the moment. Now that it’s officially out I don’t have to worry about the UIs looking weird when I release my next project. :slight_smile:

This is one of my top favorite updates in recent years. Great job! :brown_heart:

1 Like

Now that the feature is live will this issue be getting patched anytime soon? Seems it is still an issue and makes using UI Stroke for Billboard UI’s basically impossible, otherwise a great and VERY welcomed feature which I can’t wait to use!

5 Likes

one step in the ui design is a giant leap for eyes ^^

1 Like

Thank you, one of the major down sides to UI corner was that it couldn’t have a border, I’ll definitely start updating my games to use UIStroke!

However, @Tiffblocks what are the performance impacts of using this feature?

3 Likes

I mean you can do that in photoshop, can’t you?

1 Like

Tiffblocks: UI Stroke is live now.
Me: Let’s edit all UI’s!

1 Like

you could also draw your entire ui in photoshop
but thats a bit inconvenient.

2 Likes

Finally, no more using pixel-thin frames around the edges or using a second frame behind something else…

1 Like

It would also be kind cool if roblox could add a future where you could change certain text colors then all the texts in text label. Anyways this update is gonna help alot for UI customization, much appreciated.

1 Like

Finally, it’s live!

UIStroke has already been a useful tool in the games I work on.

As always, keep up the good work Roblox.

I just experimented around with this feature and it can definitely make some UIs look way better, good job Roblox.

I made this with UI Stroke, great for hiding secret messages.

7 Likes

Should have been released sooner, but atleast we got it!

1 Like

Honestly, this is a small update but it will change how every game looks almost. It is amazing, keep up the good work.

1 Like

Yesssss! This is gonna make such a huge difference in UI design. Let’s go Roblox.

1 Like

It is indeed going to make a big difference! Especially building a store, I can make a cool board now :smiley:

1 Like

Most anticipated update for anybody who cares about UI Cleanliness.

Great work, the dedication the team showed is incredible, and I can’t wait to see the creations this’ll improve.

You did it, Tiffblocks! And we’re all very happy with it so far :D

1 Like