UltraParticles - Fresh Particle System Remake

I have been working on a remake of Fresh - New Particle System by @anon53193547, and I think it is going well so far! All I added was just some performance fixes and more features.

It now runs on the client and when the server emits a particle, it will replicate to the client.

These are all the settings:

In usability, it is quite the same as the original project. Simply make your particle with UltraParticles.new(Arguments) and then emit using Particle:Emit(Amount).

Sample

Code

local UltraParticles = require(game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage").UltraParticles)

local Particle = UltraParticles.new(
	game:GetService("Workspace").Part.Position,
	false,
	"",
	Color3.fromRGB(255, 255, 255),
	true,
	NumberSequence.new(
		{
			NumberSequenceKeypoint.new(0, 1),
			NumberSequenceKeypoint.new(0.1, 1),
			NumberSequenceKeypoint.new(0.3, 0.5),
			NumberSequenceKeypoint.new(0.7, 0.5),
			NumberSequenceKeypoint.new(0.9, 1),
			NumberSequenceKeypoint.new(1, 1)
		}
	),
	Color3.fromRGB(99, 159, 255),
	false,
	Color3.fromRGB(255, 255, 255),
	true,
)

while true do
	Particle:Emit(10)
	wait(2.5)
end

Preview (Low fps due to GIF format)

d21vcdo9ed

If you want to see how it looks ingame:

I will not be releasing this.

4 Likes

Hey! Thanks for recreating!

We would prefer if you kept the system to yourself, rather than publicly releasing it. The Later versions will contain keypoints for sure, but its really cool that you made a remake! Very cool.

1 Like

Isn’t this just client side collision effects with trails?

And if you remade it yourself I don’t see the issue with releasing it, regardless of permission.

1 Like

You both projects look pretty good probably will use it in the future when i start to make actual games soon LOL

Can we have a release post where we follow?

2 Likes

Yes, but it also has a few other features. It is exactly what the Fresh particle system does, but that system is on the server side unlike this one.

I believe that if you remake something then you should at least ask the original creator if you can release it first. That’s just how I think though. Also some of the code was taken from the original project, so it wasn’t entirely remade.

1 Like

If I get to working on this more then I might, however this was mostly just a learning project.

1 Like

Made some sparks using it.

W0ZkwG1lza

Added new settings like collision shapes, now I am able to make Minecraft-style particles! (Middle one)

LRLKWONpUp

2 Likes

If I add different features can I publish it?

It is completely fine if I can’t.

1 Like