Unable to change back to old groups' name when out of the groups name change cooldown

I’m unable to change my groups’ name to the original group name, as we’re previously changed our name to the current name. The group name has not been taken and it’s free, but we are getting “name is invalid” when we try to transfer.

The group information and the name we are trying to transfer to is attached to this bug report.

Expected behavior

If everything was working, it would allow us to change our groups’ name back to our original group name.

A private message is associated with this bug report

5 Likes

As stated it’s private and we can’t access it.

Roblox Staff will be the ones who can access it.

Might be related to Unable to change group name due to "Group ownership was changed too recently" warning for a decade-old group

I’m not sure if they are related or not, the one you provided is saying the “Group ownership has been changed too quickly” and mine is “group name is invalid”, and it was a previous group name.

I’ve opened up a support ticket about this, and they said:

We like to inform you that once a group name has been changed, it cannot be changed back to a previous name. When group name is change, the previous name is permanently replaced and cannot be restored.

and then the announcement said (and nobody said otherwise):

Your group’s previous name will be recycled and available for use after 90 days

I wasn’t the one who changed the group name, it was the previous owner.

1 Like

Looks like this is more of an article miscommunication issue, then an actual bug with their system. I did not have access to write bug reports, and I’ve opened up a bug report support ticket and technical support told me that I cannot use a previous group name.

I’ll hopefully get somebody to move this to the proper category, might have to create a new bug report with these details.

Posting bugs here on the forum is more preferred, you don’t have to go through as many people to get the bug reported.

Send a request to @AllowBugReports, and in the meantime message the @Bug-Support group.

1 Like

I posted it here whenever I got access, I think I’m going to wait until an engineer views it and then see what they say about it.

This is an acknowledgment announcement!

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and we will update you when we have further information!

Thanks for the report!

An update on what’s happening, I could change the group name to another name, but I couldn’t go back to change it to the old group name while it was still in the name pool.

This could be a documentation issue (if it is a feature), because it is not properly documented.