Unable to create new animation assets under groups

Upon attempting to export a new animation, the new asset configuration popup does not include an option to upload animations to a group. Existing animations in groups can be overwritten but new ones cannot be created.
Assets like Models can be uploaded and have the creator set to a group, however this is not the case with animations.

No errors occur in the Output window and there are no other signs of this being an error. I believe this just an oversight in the new design of the Asset Configuration window.

Repro:
Using Studio version 0.431.0.404520,

1. Create an animation dummy and load the Animation Editor.
  2. Export the animation and observe the Asset Configuration window.

This bug occurs in any Studio instance.
This started happening today and may be down to an update that also caused to this bug.

12 Likes

Thanks for pointing this out, we will revert back to the old asset configuration until this gets added in.

6 Likes

It has been 23 days and this still isn’t fixed. Its very tedious to implement these animation one-by-one and export them through the plugin.

Could you clarify more? The issue above was the that new export window did not include the ability to upload to a specific group. We have since reverted back to the old export window which does include that capability.

It currently is still the same window for me.

Bumping this. Although @jonathanTheForgotten confirmed that it was fixed over a month ago, the window is still the same with no option to create or import animations in the asset configuration window.

Edit: Turns out it is actually working. Due to a typo on the pop-up window I assumed that it had not been fixed.

What was the typo you were seeing?

Trying to import an animation and seeing overwrite written there sends two different messages

Thanks for pointing that out! We will change the message for importing

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.