Unable to join any Team Create place, getting a HTTP 409 (Conflict) error message

I am currently unable to join any Team Create place. Each time I attempt to do so, I get a HTTP 409 error code as shown below:

https://gyazo.com/74f182a8fd8794d7c7f8880a21883e3f

This started happening to me just now, I was able to join TC places just fine yesterday.

23 Likes

Try disabling team create on that place and then enabling it again.

2 Likes

Roblox is currently having site-wide issues right now so its most likely going to have connection issues for games and studio as well. Iā€™d wait until they fix.

1 Like

Did this get resolved for you ?

1 Like

Unfortunately I am still getting the HTTP 409 error still!

8 Likes

I made my friend disable and re-enable the Team Create place as @xuefei123 instructed but it did not seem to work. However the problem did get resolved somehow by having my friend rejoin the place.

4 Likes

Funny, Iā€™m literately having this exact same issue. Unfortunately, I canā€™t disable TC as it isnā€™t my place and because of permission limitations, and the only other people in the TC are inactive. Anyone know how to help?

I am also having the same problem.

1 Like

Hello. I am pretty new to the developing crowd so sorry about any mistakes I may make. I work in a group called Turkish Airlines and we have a group of airports on the ownerā€™s account. So we use Team Create and the ā€˜Shared with meā€™ feature.

The bug has been happening every time I try and open the game You will not be able to join as we have a staff lock system. I can join the game fine and used to be able to edit the game without problems. Only within the last month, I started having these problems.

IF ITS YOUR GAME

This is a common error with ROBLOX. Try turning team create off and relogging ROBLOX studio then turn it back on. If you are not able to join the game to do that then youā€™re kinda screwed. This error is called ā€œ409 Loopā€ which can occur if free models with viruses has been spawned in to your game with team create on. You will somehow need to turn team create off to get back in to the game.

In newer versions of Roblox Studio Roblox disabled autorunning scripts in free models. So they wonā€™t launch automatically anymore. However, older games still have this problem.

IF ITS NOT YOUR GAME

This is simple. Tell the owner of the game to turn team create off, restart studio, turn it back on. This should fix the issue. It can also occur if team create was turned off/Kicked while joining the team create. You will need to reinstall ROBLOX studio to fix it.

12 Likes

The problem has come back againā€¦ It happens when a tc is turned off to a place you donā€™t own.

4 Likes

Just happened to me.

Is the TC off to that place? If it is then this issue is definitely a bug for sure because now that its happened to you on windows.

I am having this issue right now. We had team create turned on for a game that only contained a map, completely original work. (No free models) After a tiny update, this issue started occurring. We tried turning it off and on, and doing all that kind of things, with no success.

8 Likes

Yes, Iā€™ve been having the same problem while trying to join my friendā€™s group game. Does anyone know how to fix it?
Iā€™ve tried closing Studio and reopening it but that didnā€™t work.
Thanks!

2 Likes

Similair issue here, sometimes I get this message too

2 Likes

Iā€™m getting a similar issue too:

Could not open the place "5595742088" with exception: 
   "Unable to open the place. 
    Please restart your application and try again. 
    If you continue to encounter this error, please contact customer service. 
    Request Status Code: 0 
    Connection Result: 5".
Incident ID: 6491865281193450697
2 Likes

1.Reinstall Roblox Studio.
2.Ask the friend to see if you got removed from team create.
3.Make sure your wifi/ethernet is set to Private.

1 Like

This is happening to us now tooā€¦

Edit: Owner of Group Game turned Team Create off, then on again, and it seemed to solve problem so far for me.

This was happening to me as well.

I reinstalled roblox studio several times to have this issue sorted