Unable to join games

Page URL: All games
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Often
Date First Experienced: 2021-03-25 00:03:00 (+02:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-04-08 20:04:00 (+02:00)

Reproduction Steps:

1. Go to any game
  2. Click to play (or join private server either or)
  3. Popup saying Roblox is starting
  4. Roblox launcher starts
  5. Roblox launcher closes
  6. ??? nothing happens

Browser: image

Expected Behavior:

1. Go to any game
  2. Click to play (or join private server either or)
  3. Popup saying Roblox is starting
  4. Roblox launcher starts
  5. Game opens and I can play

Actual Behavior:
I’ve recorded a video showing what happens:

Workaround:

5 Likes

I was having this bug, and was just fixed.
Might be your browser extension?

I have a reason to believe this bug is very similar to this thread that has been posted 12 days ago.

When I use VPNs or something else that added and enabled in my browser, It happens the same for me.
Make sure that you are not using VPN or something like that.

2 Likes

Hmm it appears its similar yea, I didn’t see it when looking for threads before posting…

Also, I am not using any VPNs nor do I have any extensions other than uBlock Origin.

1 Like

Hello. We’ve been unable to reproduce the issue. Does it still occur? Thanks!

As of the latest update, this has stopped happening to me.

Was going to give it a little more time just to make sure before I update this thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alright, thanks for checking! Will leave it open to further replies for a while longer.

2 Likes

This started occurring again,

A friend was playing a game and I tried following them, though I think they’re in a private server so perhaps that caused it to bug out?

After I clicked to join, the launcher came up then closed again, after that I was unable to join games for a bit.

Yes, i disabled my VPN extension and it worked thank you so much i was gettin worried for a second.

Your welcome! Happy to help. :smile:

A lot of people are telling me that they can join but keep getting disconnected like me even though i turned off my browser extensions so I am thinking its something on Roblox’s end

Yup. Can confirm. As soon as you sent that, I was able to join games but get disconnected very fastly.

Hello. This may be caused by rapid changes in IP caused by ISPs. We’d like to take a further look into this issue. For a login attempt where it fails and closes down, can you please upload logs from (Windows) C:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\Roblox\logs? Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.