Unable to open model in explorer

This was reported back in Dec 14 which was why I was curious.
Now I understand, thank you for addressing that.

Dec 14 - Dec 18 was Hack Week and then most of the staff took off the next week.

Iā€™ve had this for a bit as well. Selecting the arrow deletes it.
All Iā€™ve done is select the item the arrow was in and right click to Select Children. Everything goes back to normal then.

1 Like

Got it covered. You donā€™t even need to attempt to select the arrow.

Ah, sorry LMADev, didnā€™t see your reply there.

Hey there everyone! Sorry this one took so long to reply to, we were all missing for awhile. Weā€™ll investigate this and see what we can do!

Related topic: Explorer not showing all the children in an instance

Thanks! This bug is a real pain, itā€™ll be great to be rid of it!

This should be fixed now.

9 Likes

Yep, thanks!

@twberg Not entirely. More info here, but the CoreGuiā€™s children canā€™t be expanded in Studio. After almost three months now of experiencing the bug, this is what my command bar tries to autocomplete with when I type in ā€œfoā€

Iā€™ve been using that so frequently that just typing in ā€œforā€ brings it up even though Iā€™ve used ā€œforā€ in lots of other cases.

I can right click > select children and itā€™ll select 21 items in the CoreGui, but I canā€™t actually expand the CoreGui to see its contents.

ā€œEh why do you need to see the contents of the CoreGui?ā€

Changes to the XML file are not officially supported.

The importance isnā€™t that itā€™s happening to the CoreGui which I force-enabled through the reflectionmetadata.xml ā€“ thatā€™s just where it happened to show itself to me. The significance is that the bug isnā€™t truly fixed. Itā€™s plausible that down the road the bug may present itself to others in places other than the CoreGui that werenā€™t force-enabled through the reflectionmetadata.xml, so itā€™d be ill-advised to let it linger in Studio forever. Itā€™s priority certainly isnā€™t high because as of current itā€™s only been spotted happening to the CoreGui, but it shouldnā€™t be assumed that itā€™ll remain exclusive to that.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.