Unable to open roblox studio on Mac

Do you see a ton of text when you click this link?

https://clientsettingscdn.roblox.com/v1/settings/application?applicationName=StudioApp

Yes I do see a lot of text/code

1 Like

Okay, that’s a good sign. That means it’s probably not your wifi blocking it.

Little bit of a bump but I have the exact same issue with my brand new MBP. None of the temporary solutions in the threads work.

1 Like

I have the same problem, studio is configuring then starting and then again. Can’t turn studio on.

Tried solutions, none of them worked. (Reinstalled, restarted. And nothing.)

3 Likes

I am also experiencing this. I cannot get studio to run no matter what I do. Ran fine until very recently and the avatar evo build still runs fine.

3 Likes

Got more people DMing me about this bug. Looks like this is happening after last update. This is kind of critical, since Mac users cannot access studio!

3 Likes

This happened to me too after I reinstalled studio due to another problem (which is this)
Gui text broke, my whole game turned black for some odd reason, and the text in toolbox & plugins broke aswell… (this also happened yesterday but i just reinstalled it hoping that it would fix it)

2 Likes

Yeah it’s honestly really annoying. I haven’t been able to open studio for the past month or so.

1 Like

Also, trying to open studio from the dock turns the icon into this
Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 7.05.29 AM

1 Like

Yep. Same thing has been happening to me.

2 Likes

Roblox Studio isn’t opening at all right now. I’m also on Mac - studio was completely fine before the update. This seems to be happening for most Mac users.

4 Likes

Anyone experiencing this: please PM the Studio Logs / Crash Dumps with the “bootstrapper” and “log” log files in ~/Library/Logs/Roblox from when you tried to open Studio

4 Likes

What do you mean with this part?

I think its what MacOS your running.

No.

@sebi210 there are two files created each time you run Studio in ~/Library/Logs/Roblox:

• bootstrapper_xxxxx_x.txt
  • log_xxxxx_x.txt

You should PM the group those two files

2 Likes

I too have had the displeasure of experiencing this. Im beginning to feel like macs are getting generally ignored by roblox, due to the fact the website does not even work on some browsers on mac. Hopefully they can patch this soon because I currently have no access to the studio even by trying all the methods: restarting, reinstalling, etc.

3 Likes

For some reason I cant find roblox under logs.

I have so many of them, I don’t know which one to choose.

1 Like

Sort the folder by last modified and attach the first 2 after you try to open Studio. Let Studio run for ~2 minutes so if there is anything that is taking a long time, it gets a chance to log itself.

2 Likes