Unable to open roblox studio on Mac

I’m unable to open Roblox Studio. The only way I’m able to edit my games is to download a random plugin which redirects me to the roblox studio page. Opening it through the web page does not work.
I have tried reinstalling studio but it didnt help.

I’m currently running MacOS 10.12.6.
Memory - 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

Every time i try and edit one of my games I am unable to open Roblox Studio. Theres not much to it. It says that its loading but it never loads. The Roblox Studio loading screen pops up and later disappears, the Roblox Studio application icon also pops up but I’m never able to edit my game because nothing shows up.

Video

This occurs on the Roblox website / Studio application. The web page opens the application, but Studio doesn’t open.

For the past month I’ve been experiencing this issue.

Can I do anything to fix this myself? Any help would be appreciated.

13 Likes

Could possibly be https://devforum.roblox.com/t/important-roblox-studio-macos-only-bootstrapper-issue/357501 depending on when you last updated Studio. Solutions listed on threadd.

5 Likes

Have you tried running studio on other devices on the same wifi network? If it doesn’t work on your other devices also, it is possible that your firewall/antivirus is blocking access to studio.

2 Likes

I’ve had this issue too in the past, it happened in MacOS 10.13 High Sierra, but not in MacOS 10.15 Catalina. On the device on High Sierra, re-downloading did nothing to help it. I’m not sure if this will help, but I think the bug has to do with the type of MacOS you are running.

1 Like

Try launching the program from the Dock if you’re having a problem playing a game from the website. Try fully resetting your Roblox settings by deleting the settings files. To do this go to Library->Preferences and delete all of the Roblox com files. When Studio /Player are launched again, it should reinstall them all.

I am also having a similar issue. Roblox studio will only occasionally open from the website and the dock icon. Otherwise, “Starting Roblox Studio…” appears, and then disappears later. The studio icon bounces for a while, and then stops. It says it is not responding.

I have tried to reinstall Roblox studio like seven times now, with it only working every now and then, usually only one time before breaking.

I am running version 10.13.6 with the latest version of studio.

@Turtlepla Did you try and install the most recent studio beta build before this started happening?

2 Likes

Nope. It seems to just be my device.

What antivirus do you use on that mac? I know some you can turn it off for short periods of time. I’d turn it off for 10-15 minutes and see if it starts working.

Does this only happen when launching Studio via the Edit button on the website? Are you able to successfully open Studio by opening it directly from the dock?

Does this still happen if you rename Documents/Roblox/InstalledPlugins and Documents/Roblox/Plugins to something else temporarily (e.g. InstalledPlugins.bak)

1 Like

No matter if I try to open it from dock or via edit button I’m unable to open studio. I also tried renaming the folder to something else. Didn’t work either.

1 Like

I’m having this exact same issue. I’m completely unable to start Studio.

I’ve just downloaded Studio and when I started it up it was working fine.
I logged in and then the window was nowhere to be seen, and the app didn’t respond. I forced exit and tried opening it from the dock. No window shows up. The icon keeps bouncing and right-clicking says it’s stuck. Opening it from the website shows the opening studio pop-up, but then it disappears, no window appears, and it freezes.

Please fix :frowning:

MacOS High Sierra, 10.13.6
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
2,3 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB

2 Likes

Normal roblox games work normally btw

1 Like

SHOCKING NEWS:

It works! I just deleted both apps, deleted all files which had “roblox” in its name in Library/Preferences, reinstalled and logged into Studio. When it prompted to restart to enable beta features, I closed the message and disabled all beta features. Then, I restarted Studio and I had no issues at all.

If you have enabled beta features, try this!

That might be the issue! I’ll try it out! Thanks for letting me know

1 Like

If that does not resolve the issue, we have recently been informed of a case where this started happening after the latest Mac OS update, and that rebooting after installing Studio resolved the issue. You can try that as a workaround until we identify why Studio is failing to open.

Nope. I didnt update anything nor install anything before this issue began to occur.

Update : Still unable to open roblox studio :confused:

1 Like

Sadly didnt work, still unable to open roblox studio :confused:

1 Like

I personally dont use an antivirus for my mac.

1 Like

I found that downloading and installing studio, then re-clicking on the same file in the download list in safari and “reinstalling” it, triggers the configuration window. After that, I can open it no problem for a while.