Unable to open roblox studio on Mac

Sent them, I hope I sent the right ones. :wink:

1 Like

Sent them as well! Hope this gets fixed soon I have a lot of stuff i need to do in studio!

As it stands now, after attempting to reinstall both roblox and studio, I am unable to play any roblox games whatsoever. When I tried to run roblox they gave me this image

It then lingered around my screen without any way to remove as roblox was technically “not running.”

Eventually due to my mac being slow and buggy I restarted it which made the image disappear.

2 Likes

yeah same! now im unable to play games as well

1 Like

I can now play roblox games after restarting, but studio is still a problem.

1 Like

If anyone is wondering how to get to Library/Logs/Roblox, go on finder then select go,
Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 7.41.19 AM
then proceed to hold alt and Library will appear in that list of things.
Then just find the logs folder, then find the roblox folder, and you should find the bootstrappers

4 Likes

Also, it would be helpful if you move the contents of the folder somewhere else, reproduce the problem, and then send the new log files. This helps make sure that we get the ones that are actually showing the issue. If you don’t do this, then please make sure to send all of the logs that have a timestamp of today.

We’ve been able to repro here, so no need for more logs – thanks for sending, they were very helpful.

We’ve made a change which we believe fixes the issue. Please retry and post here or DM me if you still have issues.

6 Likes

Yep. It works now! Thanks guys!

So i can open studio, but this happens to me.
(the game isnt supposed to look dark) (also toolbox has no text) (gui text is broken aswell)

This is what the text ingame looks like (somehow the blackness disappeared but it might come back)

edit: darkness still happens in studio

1 Like

Works! Thanks so much for this fast fix!

1 Like

A post was merged out for being off-topic.

This problem is still occurring on Mac. I have narrowed it down to enabling ANY of the beta features. When you restart after enabling then it does not load. You have to a complete uninstall to get it back.

This is a bit of a pain because I work most of the time on PC but in the evening I like to work on my Mac Air and I have to turn off all beta features to code.

Can anything be done for this at the moment?

Dan

same thing is happening to me, its just stuck bouncing up and down and saying application is not responding.

3 Likes

I still have an issue. I am running it on a Mac.

3 Likes

I’m now experiencing the same issue on MacOS High Sierra (Didn’t have an issue with it until about a week ago.)

1 Like

I’m Having this same Problem as well. My Roblox Studio suddenly doesn’t load on my Mac anymore. No matter how many times I restart my computer or reinstall Roblox Studio. It Just won’t Load.

I recently started having this Issue. My Roblox Studio isn’t loading I’m on macOS Catalina

1 Like

I’m Sorry Subcritical_alt but the link doesn’t work anymore.

You’re meant to send them to Logs / crash dumps / other bug files - Developer Forum | Roblox

1 Like