Unable to properly export Custom Rigs from Blender with no Skinned Mesh properties (No Weights/Vertex Groups)

1. What do you want to achieve? I’m trying to export a model that was rigged in blender. I don’t want it to have any sort of bones (basically only Motor 6Ds) so all objects in the model are parented to the rig via parented to the bone.

(Example of me parenting a part of a model to the rig)

1. What is the issue? Multiple issues:
    1.) The rig is generally just messed up upon exporting.
    What it should look like:
    What get uploaded:

Additionally, all motor6Ds that are made are welded to the root part! (and theres a motor6D in every part)

All of these motor6ds have a part0 of the root part

The weirdest part is that this will happen Even if the model is not parented with a rig (when I try to solely upload the rig)

1. What solutions have you tried so far? I tried to change the export settings when exporting the fbx and changing the origins of each model piece but to no avail.

Interestingly, for the issue on each part having a motor6d connect to the root part, it was supposedly fixed a year ago as seen in this forum post:

I’m sure if this broke again or if I’m doing something wrong

These are my export settings:

These export settings have worked many many times when it comes to exporting skinned meshes so I’m not sure if I need to use something different

If anyone knows what I messed up on or how to help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
(EDIT: I don’t want to rig it in studio because many animations have already been made, so rigging it in studio will most likely break the animations)

1 Like