Unable to Purchase Clothing

Reproduction Steps

1. Go to any paid clothing item (not sure if this happens to other assets)
  2. Try to purchase it with enough funds in your account

Device Info

• User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 15_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) CriOS/96.0.4664.53 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1
  • Platform Type: iOS: unknown phone
  • Device Type: Phone

Expected Behavior
I expect to be able to purchase the clothing and for other people to purchase the clothing. The clothing on the front page should have sales (obviously).

Actual Behavior
Barely anyone is able to purchase our clothing and our sales have dropped majorly. Attempting to purchase the clothing will give you an error saying something went wrong. There are no new sales on our front page clothing, and I am unable to purchase anyone else’s clothing.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: https://www.roblox.com/catalog/6709667839/Cute-Aesthetic-Black-top
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly

6 Likes

Has been happening to me on all devices for 1-2 days

1 Like

Most likely it’s because the economy API is returning an internal server error (500)
It is also affecting the transactions page.

2 Likes

I contacted Roblox support about this issue after experiencing it myself. Apparently they are “aware of this issue and currently working to ensure it’s resolved.”

PS: Interesting thing I noticed. If you attempt to purchase an item though the Roblox Client it appears it works, at least for me. I bought these two items via the client while I was experiencing the issue

2 Likes

I can confirm this is happening to me too. This issue has caused my group to lose earnings from the past 24 hours or so, Hopefully Roblox compensates for this too like last time.

1 Like

Can confirm.

Since yesterday I present the problem, approximately from 4pm. UTC -5, what I can help to indicate is that, in my case, I can buy normally on the iOS mobile app.

Using PC shows the following error:

Additionally, it only happens with the purchase of shirts/pants. Purchasing other items such as faces works normally.

4 Likes

In fact, I don’t think that it’s just the Economy API.
Today I tried to delete an item from my inventory, and I couldn’t because the page shows me an error.

Since yesterday this has happened. It’s getting kind of annoying for me, I hope this gets fixed.

Same here, I was able to buy via the phone app but seems the phone app now is broken aswell, hope this gets fixed soon, its a pain being with the same outfit cause im unable to buy the clothes.

1 Like

Happening to me as well, really, really annoying. I need to be able to purchase clothing for a job and this is completely preventing that

1 Like

Hello! Thanks for the report. We’re looking into the issue.

10 Likes

Happened to my friend yesterday when he tried purchasing an item from my group, he was able to purchase the item from my home store though which is quite odd.

It appears the issue has been fixed. Was able to purchase shirts and pants again.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.