Unable to save, no matter what I try

I’m sorry for posting this in here, I seemingly don’t have access to post stuff in the #platform-feedback:studio-bugs category. Anyway, no matter how hard I try, whichever setting I change, how many places I make, every single possible way to save my place, I just seemingly can’t. I’ve had this issue happen on most of my games. In fact I made over 10 different games, just to attempt to make it be able to save, but it still wasn’t able to save. It takes over 10 minutes just to try to save, even if normally it should take around 5 seconds. After that it just gives up. Team create doesn’t help either. Only thing I can do is save it locally to my HDD. Again, I’m sorry, I can’t post it in the #platform-feedback:studio-bugs category no matter what I do. I don’t want to give up either as I spent enough time on the game as well.

I’m sorry, but only the regulars can create topics in that category, and you are member. You can see this topics for more information of this:
How to level up on the Roblox Developer Forum,
About the Studio Bugs category
About the Website Bugs category.

About your problem, I don’t have any idea, probably the issue is related to the internet connections, though when I have this problem, is because the roblox servers are in trouble.

This could be due to some kind of deficit with RAM allocation maybe?

Try going into Task Manager with ROBLOX Studio open, right click ROBLOX Studio, Go to details, Right click ROBLOX Studio again and then Set Priority = High. This is going to ensure that ROBLOX Studio gets priority over your RAM Deposits meaning that overall, more RAM can be allocated for studio.

If this doesn’t work, you should see about investing in a Solid State Drive. This is because Solid State Drives have more capacity to upload things at a higher rate. That or you may need to fix your WIFI connection and/or re-download studio. I hope this helps.

Have you tried these two things:

In studio settings you can see if there is a valid location for the auto-recovery path, if you are unsure then change it to your desktop as the location:

The other thing is to go here under File and open your auto saves folder and see if you can open an auto saved version of any of your games:

Let us know what you find.

i’m having a problem with publishing, autosaves work fine

Hm, that doesn’t seem to help either. I’ve already got an SSD, in fact one of the later models, an M.2 one. That one that’s in a sort-of RAM chip form.

Alright, perhaps it may be an installed plugin that could be corrupting your game? This might stop it from publishing. It doesn’t make sense that it would do it over multiple studios, unless of course it’s preinstalled.

Oh ok your original post only mentioned saving, nothing about publishing. Let me rethink.

No that also didnt work. At least mmy plugins list is tidied up now, so that’s better :person_shrugging:

I don’t want to sound like Apple support here but have you tried reinstalling studio yet? It could be something studio-side that’s broken. Perhaps a recent update installed incorrectly.

i might sound stupid, but how do i reinstall it again? i haven’t done that in a while

On windows you go to the Start menu, Control Panel, Programs and Features and then search Roblox Studio

No that didn’t seem to work either. I’m starting to believe it won’t work no matter how hard I try.

How long have you been having this issue?

had the issue ever since a few months ago, don’t remember exactly when

I’d suggest contacting ROBLOX support. Or alternatively, you could have someone you trust come on the game and publish it for you.