Unable to unfollow games at maximum limit / Unfollow games limit warning text outside the box

Explanation

If you’re a constant follower of games like myself, you may have run into a situation where you’ve reached the maximum amount of games which you can follow. When attempting to unfollow a game at this point, I somehow no longer had the ability to do so! In addition, the warning text which says, “Limit Reached. Please unfollow other games to follow this one.” is displayed outside the box of which it’s supposed to be within. This might be hard for some users to read because the text is partially not visible.

Visuals

This shows me not being able to unfollow a cool game of which I don’t actually intend to unfollow. :cactus:

This shows the warning text displayed outside of the box which appears it should be within.

Reproduction

• You can reproduce not being able to unfollow a game by reaching the maximum amount of games you can follow, then attempting to unfollow a game.
  • You can reproduce the warning text outside of the box by reaching the maximum amount of games you can follow, then attempting to follow a game.

I hope this helps, all the best! :v:

System Information

Gaming Browser
Opera GX
CPU
Intel(R) Core™ i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
GPU
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

46 Likes

I didn’t even know there was a limit. This seems kind of unproductive. Especially because follow ≠ favourite so how would I even find the full list of games I follow to choose which ones to remove?

32 Likes

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?

11 Likes

Hello there!

Unfortunately this issue is still occurring, thank you for checking in! :hugs:

9 Likes

Thanks for the info. When there is an update to this bug i will let you know.

8 Likes

I’m still surprised no one has fixed this. The first time the feature came out I didn’t know what it was so I followed every game I had. A few months ago I had this same issue when unfavoriting old games. I’ve had tabs of these games open for around 4 months for when the bug gets fixed.

Two things I can confirm about this though:
The browser used seems to have no effect on this.
This bug most likely existed from day one.

11 Likes

I believe this also applies to likes+dislikes across games (and potentially library/catalog items but I haven’t tested that) because I haven’t been able to like/dislike any game for multiple months now (it lights up the button I click but doesn’t change the amount, and after refreshing the page it’s like I never liked/disliked the game at all)

This is a kinda urgent bug which really isn’t being taken as seriously as it should be.

7 Likes

Still occurring 7 months later. I’m unable to unfollow games.

And the UI still looks weird.

13 Likes

This issue is still ocurring over a year later.

9 Likes

This bug is still happening after 3 years of the original post being made. WHY?

8 Likes

This has been haunting me probably since it became an issue. Come on, still a bug.

Fun fact: this is thread 696969

6 Likes

I have the same issue since 2020, please fix this roblox devs.

7 Likes

Still a bug and super annoying. I can’t unfollow games and can’t follow new games due to max limit reached.

5 Likes

been experiencing this bug for years now although i never thought to check the forum until now. as a result of this bug, i have effectively been forced to not use the follow feature because the site will not let me unfollow old games and follow new ones because i reached the limit pretty shortly after the feature was added.

i’m surprised this hasn’t been fixed yet, but still, i’m hoping to see a fix for this in the future as this is a pretty subtle yet big issue that’s stopped me from using this feature altogether for years now, and evidently i doubt i’m alone on that.

5 Likes

Have had the same issue for years too.

One fix to this issue is to use Roblox desktop app to unfollow an experience and it should then allow you to unfollow on the website as well.

8 Likes

THANK. YOU.

I wish I’d known this sooner, I’ve been stuck at the maximum amount of followed games for ages. I don’t know why I didn’t check back on this post but I’m glad I did now. I can finally stop getting updates for old games I no longer care about.

3 Likes