Unable to update experience icon through create.roblox.com (can be updated through Roblox Studio > game settings)

When attempting to update the icon of an experience’s starter place, a vague “unknown error” message is shown below the save changes button:

Not only is it frustrating that the create.roblox.com experience configuration pages keep being unusable time and again, it is frustrating that the errors are never specific in the slightest as to what the issue is.

I never had any issues with the old experience configuration tools when they were on roblox.com, but create.roblox.com keeps having similar issues like these, all with the very unhelpful “unknown error” message in an inaccessibly small font size.
Its not even been two month since the last issue with updating experience information: Unable to update experience place information on the creator hub

A private message is associated with this bug report

Assuming both the Creator Hub and Game Settings menu in Studio use the same endpoint, does changing the icon there (in Studio) have the same result? Or is this a workaround?

I’ve just tried it and I can confirm that updating it through studio does work, which is confusing.
No surprise to me that the create.roblox.com site doesn’t work as usual, its always having issues.

It is extremely frustrating that the errors from create.roblox.com are never specific in the slightest, giving no indication as to where the problem stems.

2 Likes