Unable to update experience place information on the creator hub

I am unable to save changes to access settings for an experience place, as attempting to do so simply states “failed to save changes”, and checking the experience page on roblox.com shows it indeed has not updated. I have tried many times after over an hour since first trying, so its clear its not some kind of cooldown. I have also tried different integers, including those lower than the currently set cap (and have tried changing the social slots type and number), yet I get the same result.

^ This is what shows up in the browser console when the save button is clicked. I get the same result when disabling browser plugins and refreshing the page, so it must be a Roblox issue. I am using firefox.

This bug critically affects my experience as I am unable to increase the maximum number of players allowed in a single server for a future update, and thus may unnecessarily require more roblox servers and thus hardware utilisation to be used. It also limits the social aspect of my experience by preventing me from increasing the player cap to scale with updates to the map.

Page URL(for staff): https://create.roblox.com/dashboard/creations/experiences/2517467929/places/6681361076/access

I am also unable to change the experience description or title, however I had no issue updating the thumbnail and logo.
The browser console outputs the same data table when I try to save.
I also cannot update this information within studio, with an error popup simply saying it cannot save the description.

Check your console (Ctrl + Shift + I on Chrome) for any red text/errors relating to failed API requests after you click save, and attach them here. It’ll help engineers diagnose the issue.

2 Likes

thanks for the report. is this still happening?

Yes, I am still unable to update these specific properties for my experience. If it is at all relevant, I have no problem updating the experience thumbnails.

…I am also unable to update the experience’s description, which is preventing me from updating the description to perform SEO or to include relevant information for my update.

Thanks for the report. I’ll reach out shortly.

1 Like

This bug has been patched by Roblox, and I have successfully updated my experience description and maximum visitor count setting. This should mean the bug is also fixed for anyone else who was experiencing it.

2 Likes

It seems to happen with groups to here I removed the description but it still doesn’t save it

I would mark up my description with some cool text emojis

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.