Unable to upload a image that has "Robux" in the name

Reproduction Steps
If you try to upload an icon, specifically for me the Robux icon from the forum post (There's a new Robux icon!) and it has “Robux” in the name or description, it won’t upload and will mark it down as an inappropriate name or description.

Expected Behavior
The icon being uploaded and I can use it with the name “RobuxIcon”

Actual Behavior
This leads you to this page:

Workaround
Don’t name it with anything that includes “Robux” ie had to name it “Money”

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Create - Roblox
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Very Rarely

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure this is a thing with the filters and automod that looks out for “offensive” or “malicious” content while ignoring context (your context being an innocent icon), automod just sees “Robux” in the title and immediately thinks “Oh noes! free robux bad!!!”. I don’t think this is something that Roblox would “fix” unless they decide to completely redo the content automod system to be contextual but that would be almost impossible to do, so likely that it will stay that way.

Edit: Some parts of the filter are “contextual” except it’s terrible at that because it misconstrues things and just censors everything.

1 Like

This also happens when you use a long random strings of letters and is likely just what happens with the filter, but yeah the error should be more clear.

Happens with all assets I believe. I tried uploading a mesh with the word “robux” in the name and I got hit with the “inappropriate name” message.

This seems to be an issue with contextual moderation, the image itself is going through fine, though the name combined with the image is triggering the moderation to go schizo.

Also, just use the local texture at rbxasset://textures/Common/RobuxIcon...

3 Likes

Don’t you think this is a moderation rule or roblox way of moderating things, which they block/allow

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

2 Likes

Sorry for the necro, but wanted to check back here, is this still an issue? Should be resolved.