Unable to upload to certain models using the new configure asset window

I’m having the same issue as LadyAka. It appears models past however many lines the last group I clicked on had still aren’t showing for me on this one group:

Compared to my develop page which shows them all:

4 Likes

Sorry for the delay on getting back to you… Thanks for letting us know. It seems like we are closer to fix and understanding the issue. I will be sharing more info as it becomes available, but this is a top priority at the moment and want to put out a fix soon.

13 Likes

This issue caused problems today with my admin system across all games which handles a large amount of in game elements as well, I am unable to update the module I need to as it wont let you scroll down far enough. Hope it can be looked at soon.

7 Likes

My game relies on a module, and I can’t update it due to the fact that I can’t scroll down far enough to publish new versions of it, which essentially halts production on my game. I’ve been having this issue for a while now, so I hope it could be fixed sometime soon.

10 Likes

As of today, I cannot chose “overwrite asset” I need this functionality ASAP.

3 Likes
3 Likes

This is still an ongoing issue that has yet to be fixed.

3 Likes

I’m continuing to have this problem and with the introduction of signatures/BuiltInPlugins verification, I can’t even solve the problem myself by making a fork of the Toolbox plugin because it doesn’t get loaded as a result of a security violation.

This is an insanely annoying problem as assets in my game are loaded from a model and I can’t update that model thanks to this new toolbox. This has been an issue for a very long time and I’m shocked it hasn’t been fixed.

7 Likes

I’m getting this same problem as well. After messing with it for a little while, I figured out something you can do to work around it. Find the model you need to update, delete it from your inventory, and then re-take it. Now it should appear on the top of the list. This won’t work if your model isn’t free, so you may have to temporarily uncopylock it, then delete it, grab a new copy, and then copylock.

2 Likes

it’s been over a month since any roblox staff has said anything and the issue is still there, how hard can it be to just increase the number of models you can view in the toolbox, its been like 4 months since you introduced this new toolbox and its as useless as ever because of a really basic issue, just give us the ability to update all of your existing models or go back to the old one. like they say if it aint broken then don’t fix it

13 Likes

While my issues are solved for group games, I’m now experiencing this issue with my own models.

When attempting to upload models to my own inventory only 3 assets load:

Once I change it to a group of which I can edit assets, I’m no longer able to re-load the page of my own assets either. I’ve left it on this screen for a few minutes in hope that it will load, but it never does. It simply shows the group assets that had loaded when I had last changed it to my group.

I’d like to note that it worked on 10/29/19, but it doesn’t work anymore.

2 Likes

Can confirm that this is still an on-going problem:

Dunno if showing that video would even be any help, but I might as well.

3 months and waiting

Hopefully this can be fixed sometime this year as this is starting to become [color=red]frustrating[/color]. Not even uninstalling/reinstalling Studio helps.

10 Likes

Having the problem too, can only load my first 25 assets, the one I was gonna update was after this, and also if I switch between group inventories and my inventory, everything disappears and never loads until I exit the window and opens it again.

5 Likes

I can confirm this is also still happening for me too, there were times in the past when it worked fine, but it’s consistently not working for me for some groups.

4 Likes

Currently having this problem as well :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

I said this on August 18, 3 months ago. I was able to deal with the inability to update my models between now and then, but it has become a more pressing issue with the deprecation of LoadLibrary.

My admin module, which a lot of games use, has Building Tools by F3X in it, and come December 4, it appears as though the tool will break.

Due to the fact that I haven’t been able to update a large majority of my models (including my admin module) for the past 3+ months, it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to do anything about this, and F3X will be broken in the games that don’t already fork my module (which is a lot of them).

This issue has been ongoing and none of the alleged “fixes” have improved anything in my experience.

I still don’t think this is receiving appropriate attention and I think it should be escalated further. The most recent replies reflect this.

This update was a significant change to the backend for the way in which we publish models and overwrite existing ones, and the ability to do these things is important. Although this update is not overly broken and is somewhat functional for a majority of developers, it is still botched and leaves a portion of developers (including myself) with a broken update that is not functional.

A fix may appear to be close (if close was 2 months ago), but when features like LoadLibrary are becoming deprecated increasingly soon, and the core functionality to update our models is still not accessible to everyone, then an alternative fix needs to be put out even sooner than whenever “soon” was supposed to be.

Until this has been truly fixed, we should be able to use the legacy asset configuration window if the new isn’t working as intended. If there is a way to do this, by using a FastFlag or some other means, someone please let me know.

9 Likes

I’m having the same issue myself currently; I want to update a older model of mine but I can’t scroll down any further, it won’t load anything beyond the first page of the newest models I publish and I publish a lot of models because I still use the old model-thumbnail trick which takes up a lot of space.

If you don’t want players to load too many of their models at once in their toolbox, at the very least give them the option to input the ID of the model they want to make changes to.

6 Likes

I really hope they push out a patch for this issue, it is really frustrating to not be able to update old models, considering it once worked fine before this UI update.

4 Likes

Do any staff members know if a fix is in for this yet or did this get missed? Seems a bit long for this type of thing to go unfixed since it’d just be a quick UI change and we haven’t gotten any staff posts from what I can see. Almost feels like it should be Roblox critical since it appears to be hindering people’s ability to publish certain models at all (which could prevent progress of some games assuming they rely on module scripts far down the list) but I don’t think it fits the criteria for that.

2 Likes

Felt as though my previous video demonstration wasn’t good enough to demonstrate the issue at hand.

So here’s another showing the attempt to upload > What models (of mine) are in my inventory > Just how many models I ACTUALLY have made that do not appear.

Various on-sale/off-sale models shown, those in my inventory (my own models, of course), and a large chunk of those I’ve made in the past. Seems only a select number of recently uploaded models are available (as others have already stated).

Hope this better demonstrates the issue.
And hopefully after almost 4 months have already passed, maybe we’ll finally get a fix? Please?

8 Likes