Unblocking users requires PIN to be unlocked, but gives confusing error message

Description of bug:
So I was working with someone on the gamejam at RDC UK, and I had sent them a friend request ages ago. Knowing they had too many friend requests, due to the lack of revoke friend request button I decided I’d block them, unblock them and send another friend request (blocking and unblocking removes all friend requests with user).

One problem; Roblox would not let me unblock the user, because I had an account PIN set, but the error message does not specify this.

I tried this three more times today, 100% of the time it did not let me unblock the user at all.

Here is a screenshot of the message given when trying to unblock:

asda

I only had 2 people blocked at the time, and I was trying to unblock this user as stated above so this error message is out of place and preventing me from unblocking the user.

Reproduction:

• Block a user.
  • Try to unblock the user through their profile page.
  • A confusing error message should appear like in the screenshot above.

Expected behavior:
It should redirect/pop-up a window and prompt me to unlock my account settings through PIN, and subsequently unblock the user if I filled it out correctly, rather than giving the confusing error message.

Hope I helped!

11 Likes

Interestingly enough, this is because you have a PIN on your account, which prevents you from changing the blocked users list while it’s locked.

There’s definitely something odd going on with the error for this though, thanks for reporting this.

9 Likes

When unblocking a user, can’t we just type in the pin to unblock them on the same page we unblock them at? Kinda bad UX…

6 Likes

I’d like to point out that this is still an issue, and users are not prompted to enter their pin code.

4 Likes

This is still an issue.

If you have a PIN on your account, unless you disable or enter your PIN on the settings page, attempting to unblock a user will present you with the message:
"Operation failed! You may have blocked too many people"
Users should be prompted for their PIN when they attempt to unblock a user.

3 Likes

Can verify that it occurs.

1 Like

Problem

Currently, having an account PIN turned on unblocking others confusing. Unblocking on profiles is impossible with a PIN and you are given an unclear error message. On the settings page, clicking the unblock button will do nothing until you scroll up and click the lock button to unlock your account settings.

Solution

When trying to unblock a user, it should prompt you to unlock your account PIN regardless of being on a user’s profile or the settings page.

yeet_1

yeet_2

3 Likes

I can confirm that this bug unfortunately still occurs. I think it’s important to add that the confusing error message appears site-wide, both in-browser and on the Roblox mobile app, as demonstrated in the clip below.

Platform: Roblox Mobile App

This bug still occurs. I had a mini heart attack thinking I could never unblock anyone again before I did some digging on the forums for this thread.

2 Likes

Great news! You will now receive a slightly less cryptic “Pin is locked” message when this is the case.

11 Likes

This is awesome! Are there any plans to add in a pin unlock pop up on the profile though?

4 Likes

Not for now. Baby steps :baby_chick:

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.