Unclickable area in Properties menu

Summary
There seems to have been a new Roblox Studio update that adds a “Tag” section to the Properties menu. This may have been the cause of a new minor bug where I cannot click a specific area of the menu (see video).

Reproduction Steps

1. Open Properties
  2. Select an instance
  3. Click on top left area of menu

Expected Result
Click should be registered

Actual Result
Nothing happens

Video

8 Likes

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and will come back as soon as we have updates!

Thanks for flagging!

6 Likes

I can confirm that I got this, but for the Attributes panel, a few days ago.

4 Likes

Can confirm this happens to the blank space of each section too (The area to the right of the name) which is super frustrating as you have to spam-click it to get it to re-open.

3 Likes

This was already reported here and filed internally by a staff member, but since the OP marked a workaround as a solution, it was closed after 2 weeks.

4 Likes

Workaround for those who aren’t aware:

5 Likes

Yes, a workaround is by double clicking on the whole tab, but not being able to click once in the top left is an issue nonetheless.

2 Likes

It’s been over a month… are there any updates to this?

@Real_BenTheMiner The cause of the issue has been identified and a fix will be released in January!

2 Likes

Tagging developers from this thread for visibility.

@Ryxku @bewarethepaws @Xronixle

3 Likes

Yes I am the one who discovered this bug first.
But no need to tag me, I can’t help more.

Oh, i’m tagging as there’s a fix that will be released in January. Just wanted to let the members of the original thread know!

4 Likes

Hi, just following up. When can we expect this fix to be released?

The fix should be released somepoint this week! I will update this thread when it is up :smiley:

1 Like

@Real_BenTheMiner the bug should be fixed! Please restart your studio for changes to take place.

It may take an hour or so for the changes to fully roll out to all clients, so if it’s not fixed, restart again in hour or so.

2 Likes

Fix confirmed on my end! Thank you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.