Under 13 Parental Controls for All Ages

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to set my own spending limits, have spending notifications, and set my account to only join the private servers of ‘Friends’ and ‘no one’.

If your age is under 13, by your accounts ‘Birthday’, you have a verified ‘Parental Email’, and a Parental PIN, then you gain access to the following settings on the ‘childs’ account under the ‘Parental Controls’ tab in Roblox website settings:

*screenshot from a response of mine on a dev discussion

These systems should be re-designed to work for all ages, not just the users who are under 13. (and under 18 in Korea) I understand the email part for the spending notifications, and the Parental Pin to an extent, but I don’t think the under 13 age restriction for these settings should be a thing.

If I currently want these settings, I’d have to lie about my age being under 13, set up a ‘parental email’, which would just be a second email of mine, and enable a Parental PIN.

To Roblox’s credit, the following exist on the subject:

If this issue is addressed, it would improve my development experience because I could set my own spending limits, have spending notifications, and set my account to only join the private servers of ‘Friends’ and ‘no one’. (without lying about my age and going through various other steps.)

12 Likes

As a dev this would be helpful as i try to only spend the 450 robux i get from premium and nothing else so that i don’t cut into my DevEx funds

2 Likes

The monthly spending limit is for USD spent, not robux.

Although, I do agree with you. Roblox should have a way to limit robux spending. I’d recommend supporting this feature request, it is from 2020 though.

As I’m looking through spending related feature requests, it seems as though either the parental controls I speak of in this feature request were not around, or the people were unaware of the features.

It also seems as though a account PIN, if one is in place, does not show up when trying to purchase something with robux. The feature request for it has been marked as solved, yet the problems and use-cases still remain.

@CountLoops Could you give an update on allowing robux spending to be behind an account PIN? And, also take a look into this feature request?