Undercounting of comission for avatar shop items at Hourly Revenue section of monetization analytics

I had a hunch that the analytics for comission for avatar shop items for my experience wasn’t accurate, so I’ve went ahead and did some calculations on my own to compare against what analytics is reporting.

Between 9pm and 10pm of 19 January my time (i’m in Australian AEDT time zone), I’ve seen the sales of one of each of the following ugc (all created & uploaded by my group) inside my experience. These were all taken inside the group sales stats:
salesstat

Since all of these were sold inside my experience, I expected to see a total of 100 robux in comissions as you can see in the above tally of the 40% seller comission.
However, at the hourly revenue view, only 59 robux was reported instead of 100. See below:

Since 2 hours either side of the 10 o clock slot are showing 0 robux, this isn’t an issue of a slight delay. Besides, my expectation is that this should be a fairly accurate portrayal of the hourly revenue.

One additional caveat is that my group created and uploaded all these ugc too, although I was recently told that the commissions for avatar shop items should still count for ugc that my group created & uploaded.

My worry is that the commissions are similarly under counted at all the other metrics (daily revenue, daily conversion rate, daily ARPPU, etc) but since the “sales of goods” csv is in UTC and my analytics is in my local time, it is considerably harder for me to compare them to verify the numbers. I can only safely say that the hourly revenue is incorrect

Page URL: https://create.roblox.com/dashboard/creations/experiences/4362587875/monetization/overview

A private message is associated with this bug report

2 Likes

Update:
I created 2 new UGC hats (non-limited), have them uploaded through my group (same group as the experience), and then yesterday evening I pushed out an update to feature those 2 UGC to be sold in-game. I recorded every purchase and made something like a leaderboard below:

At the time of posting, as seen in the above screenshot, there should have been at least 4 (cat hat) + 13 (dog hat) = 17 sales.
At 90 robux each, i should be seeing 17 * 90 robux * 0.4 = 612 robux in sales comissions

However the graph only show 204 robux in the red box, which represents the period where the ugc are released for sale in the game.

So it is obvious that the graph isn’t reflecting sales comissions from ugc items that were uploaded from the same group as the experience, is there a reason for this? This would discourage us from tying an in-game functionality to a ugc item, and then selling it through the game. I initially had these designs for the purpose to improve the monetization metrics of the game, but upon investigation all of these sales are not recognized by the metrics.
IMO tight knit designs between ugc and experiences should be something to be encouraged by Roblox.

This is just an acknowledgment announcement!

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and will come back as soon as we have updates!

Thanks for flagging!

hi - I have been in contact with dev rel over this bug, and so far the answers I have gotten has been “this is intended, not a bug”.
So I created a separate bug here: 40% seller's comission is withheld from groups that own both the ugc as well as the experience that sells it
to show that a Roblox staff says it is not intended and it is a bug