Unfriended user still have private chat available

Introduction
Greetings, my name is Paul, some people call me Mega, and today I, here to post a topic about Mobile Bugs

The Issue
As a Roblox Developer, my problem is that an unfriended person’s private chat is still active and still communicate with me, even though I unfriended that person. My issue is that, I already unfriended a person though he could still chat me. Remember, if you unfriended a person in ROBLOX you can no longer have a private chat with him, but I don’t know why he’s chat is still up

Notice: You will notice in the video, the unfriended person’s chat is still available, even though he was removed from my friend’s list.

This is actually strange considering, you and the person unfriended the other and you could still chat to each other which is a privacy concern.

Attempted Solutions
I’ve attempted to block this user, to see if the chat
would get removed, but sadly, the chat wasn’t deactivated.

Conclusion
If ROBLOX could address this issue it would really help in privacy security because normally, if we unfrieneded a person, it’s either because of privacy security or you had a conflict.

The person in the video was not unfriended due to conflict but due to the fact I don’t know him much and I’m becoming stricter on online privacy security.

When and how did this happened

• It happened on 3:21 PM Philippine Time
  • When the user was unfriended

Mobile Device

• Apple Iphone XS
22 Likes

I’ve noticed this a few times on desktop as well, but after a while the player just disappears off of your chat list. One thing to note is I highly doubt you can still message them after unfriending them, even if it shows them still on your chat list, but you can read the past messages in that chat.

3 Likes

I’ve seen this before on my desktop too, but I could not message the user I’ve unfriended after.

1 Like

Weirdly though in mobile, the person could still chat me and I could chat him.

3 Likes

I have the same problem from my samsung S7 device.

This is happening to me too. I accidentally friended someone (because of the annoying jump button)This is a real security concern for me as I don’t want to be able to communicate with the person I unfriended. Does anyone have a solution to remove them from private chat? It seems to be there on the website and on mobile. I tested and unlike what others were saying, it seems like I can still actually message them.

Update

As of Thursday July 16, 2020
Even with the new update, the unfriended user still has private chat available.

Chats have been censored for security and privacy reasons.

2 Likes

Bug Update
Ok, I’ve attempted to chat the unfriended user, though the user appears to be not responding to the chat, though the chat appears to have been sent.

Notice that the chat was sent, though I’m uncertain if the user received the chat message.

1 Like

@OneEDM a way to is by leaving the chat. You have to go to the setting and press “leave chat” (or whatever they call it).

1 Like

Have you tried blocking a user and then unblocking him? The blocking procedure must remove the user from the friends list and from the chat channel.

1 Like

I’ve attempted to block this user, since the month of May, though, keep in mind the user still has the chat available.
I would also like to inform you that I’ve edited the post, to let you know that I’ve attempted your solution, since last May.

I’ve had this happen, and usually it’s just becase of 1. It was turned into a group-chat, and you can just leave. I also tried this out with an alt, and although it did not say “error” when sending the message, it did not go through on either end, hopefully this helps. Personally, I’ve used it as a resource for chat-logs.

That’s not showing up for me @joyroblightning I think that’s only group chats

Similiar issue to what I’ve experienced some time ago - someone was still able to message me after I blocked their account.

Same bug but I’ve had the user unfriended for a YEAR now, and i have no idea how he came back to my private chat. Happened today

1 Like

This happens on pc sometimes too. But it goes away after you refresh, not sure about mobile though.

Lately, I haven’t been able to chat with them after I unfriended them. At least for me. I’m on mobile too.

I was having the exact same problem for months but then the user just recently disappeared from my chat. Maybe Roblox fixed it?

This thing happened with me too. I tried multiple ways like blocking and unblocking and asking that person to unfriend too if they see an option.
I believe it happens when two people unfriend at same time or block without unfriending. Some months later that person’s chat was automatically gone.

Sorry about bumping but I’m having this issue currently. Someone I blocked a long time ago messaged me through the private chat again recently somehow and it’s really annoying. She isn’t on my friends list (obviously, since she’s blocked) but she can still message me through the private chat somehow. It’s a major issue because she is very annoying and manipulative so I would rather not have any contact with her at all.