Unified Marketplace Fee for Dev Products and Game Passes

Christ, this is perhaps the most superb update the website has ever gotten in its entire existence.

18 Likes

This is an amazing change and will surely help many developers get off to a good start! But won’t this lead to more scam games as it would be even more profitable now? Regardless, I love this and it should help everyone out!

6 Likes

Wow, very nice !! I’ve wanted this for a very long time because I don’t always want to buy premium. Now I can earn Robux without having to worry about the marketplace fee. I hope, that many more developers are now earning enough Robux to support themselves financially or even get to do this as their job.

5 Likes

This is a great and much needed change that actually freely allows aspiring developers to sell and create products without having to pay for a premium service. Thank you! :pray:

5 Likes

This is a wonderful change for Roblox!

However, we should have a smaller fee for Premium during these times, I am not really a game developer to sell stuff, but I know developers can really benefit from a better Premium percentage! It would encourage people to buy Premium more too.

Here comes the money for more people!jdrfklc

But okay, great change!

18 Likes

Does this change also apply to paid access games?

For anyone wondering (no idea why you’d be browsing this thread at this point). This feature was just added!

9 Likes

i have premium and im STILL SUPER HAPPY that his got removed. great job, non premium users :grin:

15 Likes

Thank you to the Roblox team for making this happen. I know fees have been a very controversial issue in the past but it’s nice to see a common ground coming through here. I hope we can keep working together at this in the future!

4 Likes

Amazing update! ROBLOX is no longer really “freemium” anymore, where you were required to have BC to become a true developer on the platform.

Fantastic update! Thanks for making ROBLOX more accessible than ever to new developers!

8 Likes

Wow! This is a incredible change to Roblox! I believe that you have just helped many Roblox Players jumpstart their careers because they will start to earn more Robux and be able to advertise and such. Are we expecting any other changes such as to who is allowed to make shirts or group ownership or premium users having a lower fee so we have more of a reason to get premium? Anyhow, keep up the great work Roblox!

-Arvid

4 Likes

This is a great update if you ask me! other then big developers it will help small developers too!

5 Likes

it applies to the whole marketplace, so all transactions, including paid access yes.

5 Likes

This is amazing!

But it comes with some questions! What about premium users who were buying premium in order to receive the 70%?

I was wondering if Roblox was open to maybe adding some sort of premium feature to this again like 20% or 25% so that Roblox gains back these people who buy premium!

9 Likes

I genuinely thought I’d never see the day come. I’ve usually just developed on the platform for fun, not for profit, just because of the marketplace fee being too heavy to deal with.

This changes everything for me, as I can actually turn my passion into something I can have a steady income with, rather than making a few hundred Robux per month.

I don’t expect the DevEx program to be available to non premium members, but I’m still extremely grateful for this change.

11 Likes

This is great news! We no longer have to pay for premium to lower this fee!

6 Likes

Awesome! First you guys have tripled premium payouts and now your giving all developers 30% marketplace fee instead of 90% for non-premium members! This will help me out a lot especially since I can’t always afford premium. Thank you so much :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is a very great update, along with users being able to create groups whether or not they have premium. The 90% tax was honestly abysmal, but thank you for reducing it for non-premium users!

Now I also don’t have to bother my friends with premium to set prices for game passes and developer products for me now :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks coeff! :heart:

4 Likes

This is an amazing update! I remember when I started developing the 90% fee annoyed me honestly. I wasn’t developing for money but the fact that I lost 90% of revenue to basically nothing annoyed me. But this update will surely motivate more people to start developing new and cool games!

3 Likes

Thank you SO SO much, for removing the absurd ro-tax for non-premium users. It has always been such a pain when selling anything, and this changes everything. You guys have been pumping out great update after great update, and it’s really helping the community. Thank you!

4 Likes

At first, I thought this was a joke but it’s a little late for that. This is one of the reasons why I was still purchasing Premium, but I’m super glad that this has been changed. Thanks a lot, it has made everything a lot easier for me. :slight_smile:

4 Likes