Unified Marketplace Fee for Dev Products and Game Passes

This is a great update if you ask me! other then big developers it will help small developers too!

5 Likes

it applies to the whole marketplace, so all transactions, including paid access yes.

5 Likes

This is amazing!

But it comes with some questions! What about premium users who were buying premium in order to receive the 70%?

I was wondering if Roblox was open to maybe adding some sort of premium feature to this again like 20% or 25% so that Roblox gains back these people who buy premium!

9 Likes

I genuinely thought I’d never see the day come. I’ve usually just developed on the platform for fun, not for profit, just because of the marketplace fee being too heavy to deal with.

This changes everything for me, as I can actually turn my passion into something I can have a steady income with, rather than making a few hundred Robux per month.

I don’t expect the DevEx program to be available to non premium members, but I’m still extremely grateful for this change.

11 Likes

This is great news! We no longer have to pay for premium to lower this fee!

6 Likes

Awesome! First you guys have tripled premium payouts and now your giving all developers 30% marketplace fee instead of 90% for non-premium members! This will help me out a lot especially since I can’t always afford premium. Thank you so much :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is a very great update, along with users being able to create groups whether or not they have premium. The 90% tax was honestly abysmal, but thank you for reducing it for non-premium users!

Now I also don’t have to bother my friends with premium to set prices for game passes and developer products for me now :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks coeff! :heart:

4 Likes

This is an amazing update! I remember when I started developing the 90% fee annoyed me honestly. I wasn’t developing for money but the fact that I lost 90% of revenue to basically nothing annoyed me. But this update will surely motivate more people to start developing new and cool games!

3 Likes

Thank you SO SO much, for removing the absurd ro-tax for non-premium users. It has always been such a pain when selling anything, and this changes everything. You guys have been pumping out great update after great update, and it’s really helping the community. Thank you!

4 Likes

At first, I thought this was a joke but it’s a little late for that. This is one of the reasons why I was still purchasing Premium, but I’m super glad that this has been changed. Thanks a lot, it has made everything a lot easier for me. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is a wonderful change! Developers having to worry about losing 90% of their revenue unless they purchase premium likely scared away many potential developers who were new to making games on Roblox and weren’t sure if they were ready to commit to it monetarily, but now the only time that premium is necessary is to use the Developer Exchange program if/when they’re ready to cash out! That’s fantastic!

I only have one question: does change unify the marketplace fee for all virtual items, or only to game passes and developer products? Are there plans to allow non-premium clothing designers to sell items with the same fee?

5 Likes

amazing. great step in the right direction, excited to see maybe some non-premium developers, this is awesome

3 Likes

Been waiting to see this for a while, this is awesome for developers and really takes the platform in the right direction in my opinion.

3 Likes

This is going to help so many developers trying to create something serious on Roblox, myself included. I’m sure it will go down as one of the biggest changes this year. Definitely the right step to take.
Thank you for helping us, the small guys!

3 Likes

Was not expecting this! Fantastic change! I can’t wait to tell my siblings they can start making real moolah now

6 Likes

Groups already had a 30% fee and can be made by non-premium users now, So i dont really see this as a huge improvement? People could avoid the fee by just making a group.

2 Likes

sorry what, what, what, what.

so your saying no more 90% fee. That’s what your saying?

thank you so much omg

2 Likes

I like this idea but my only concern is the impact the inflation will have on the cost of roblox items.

5 Likes

This is really amazing. It’s so nice to see that more people can help support their families during this time.

4 Likes

This is so damn great! IDK but I guess the purpose of my topic has been fulfilled!

3 Likes