Unified Marketplace Fee for Dev Products and Game Passes

Not sure if this has already been pointed out, but on the page where you buy premium it says:

Roblox Premium

Joining Roblox Premium gets you a monthly Robux allowance and a 10% bonus when buying Robux. You will also get access to Roblox’s economy features including buying, selling, and trading items, as well as increased revenue share on all sales in your games.

The last part of it should probably be amended to reflect this change.

6 Likes

What about private server sales?

2 Likes

This is great and I highly support this action! But it’s starting to feel Premium is becoming less and less useful - might we see premium players get something like a 20% or even 10% market place fee? Engines such as steam only have a 5% market place fee.

3 Likes

Games that get younger players to spend their mothers credit card on all the cool items that don’t work or are a one time use.

2 Likes

I’m glad to see the perks of premium dropping but I hope this doesn’t affect the sale of premium to developers who used to require premium for the most profit. I happily accept this change though since it will help when I don’t need premium to make the most of my own games if I do decide to create one.

@coefficients I’m not sure if this was intentional (considering thread title doesn’t mention it) but the price for VIP servers without premium is still 90%, can this be confirmed as correct or a mistake?

I was planning on allowing VIP servers for the 10R$ deal but if I’m only going to get 1R$ per VIP server it’s not really worth my time doing or investing in special VIP server unique goodies as I had planned to.

9 Likes

If it is intentional I hope for VIP server marketplace fee unification to be introduced at some point soon, as well, as it gives developers such as myself a bigger incentive to enable the feature :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Amazing update developers makes more robux now that’s a huge chance. Thanks, roblox.

1 Like

Well, my main source of profit is trading so I don’t care much about this feature (even though it is undeniably GREAT), but to make it fairer for Premium users maybe we should reduce tax to like 10-15 percent. Thanks again for changing this horrible rate tho.

EDIT: just saw this.

They unified it for a reason. If they changed one it wouldn’t be unified anymore.

1 Like

All of the small developers are default dancing, I literally got so confused like I made a gamepass for 10 robux and it said “you earn 7” and my brain decided to die, so I got some people to buy it, and BOIIIIIIIII, I went from the 10 robux I earned totally from devving, to a whole 145, and OH MY GOD, THIS IS AMAZING, IIJAKAJAHO

2 Likes

Awesome news! I’m personally just a little concerned though of how this will affect Roblox profits, and in return, income for staff and developers. Wouldn’t a 70% fee be more reasonable for free-to-play users, and for premium bump it to 90%?

1 Like

Well yes, but at the same time why should it be unified? I mean, it’s great that developers are getting more money, but now Roblox profits will dip a fair amount probably because one of the main features of premium is now deceased. This will in turn affect developers in the long run anyways, so while small developers might get a better head start, the end-game side of game development (front page) will be less profitable.

1 Like

Because their outlook for the future of Premium is rewards that the developer give to the players per game. Unlike what builder’s club was (which it was focused for developers mostly). Premium serves as a VIP for players, and the developers can give rewards to the players if they have premium. That’s why they have premium payouts now, and that’s why they are removing most things.

1 Like

I understand how premium works and what it does for players and developers, but there would still be more incentive for premium if they gave a tax rate cut for being a premium member. And with this, it doesn’t affect the users at all who are playing the game, it just affects how much revenue the developer gets, so premium can still keep it’s branding.

1 Like

So far this is one of the most thoughtful updates that ROBLOX has released to date.

This allows a wider scope of users to earn a sufficient amount of robux, and eventually real money by using DevEX, further making the “developing” side of ROBLOX all the more interesting.

Thank you so much ROBLOX for adding this update! Hope to see some more generous updates in the future! :+1:

Yess, This is amazing! Now i can get more funds.

1 Like

The marketplace fee is only incentive for the developers / clothing makers who use the market on roblox to earn robux. However that same incentive is still there as they require Premium in order to use Dev Ex. Which roblox will never remove because that’s the main incentive for developers to purchase premium.

I guess, it still seems like the better business practice in the long run for a 30/10 tax cuts for free and premiums. I’m not complaining though, I don’t have to worry about profit anymore even if I forget my Premium ran out.

This is a great update! As a ‘newbie’ developper this can motivate you to be more productive and concentrated! thanks !