Unified Marketplace Fee for Dev Products and Game Passes

Well yes, but at the same time why should it be unified? I mean, it’s great that developers are getting more money, but now Roblox profits will dip a fair amount probably because one of the main features of premium is now deceased. This will in turn affect developers in the long run anyways, so while small developers might get a better head start, the end-game side of game development (front page) will be less profitable.

1 Like

Because their outlook for the future of Premium is rewards that the developer give to the players per game. Unlike what builder’s club was (which it was focused for developers mostly). Premium serves as a VIP for players, and the developers can give rewards to the players if they have premium. That’s why they have premium payouts now, and that’s why they are removing most things.

1 Like

I understand how premium works and what it does for players and developers, but there would still be more incentive for premium if they gave a tax rate cut for being a premium member. And with this, it doesn’t affect the users at all who are playing the game, it just affects how much revenue the developer gets, so premium can still keep it’s branding.

1 Like

So far this is one of the most thoughtful updates that ROBLOX has released to date.

This allows a wider scope of users to earn a sufficient amount of robux, and eventually real money by using DevEX, further making the “developing” side of ROBLOX all the more interesting.

Thank you so much ROBLOX for adding this update! Hope to see some more generous updates in the future! :+1:

Yess, This is amazing! Now i can get more funds.

1 Like

The marketplace fee is only incentive for the developers / clothing makers who use the market on roblox to earn robux. However that same incentive is still there as they require Premium in order to use Dev Ex. Which roblox will never remove because that’s the main incentive for developers to purchase premium.

I guess, it still seems like the better business practice in the long run for a 30/10 tax cuts for free and premiums. I’m not complaining though, I don’t have to worry about profit anymore even if I forget my Premium ran out.

This is a great update! As a ‘newbie’ developper this can motivate you to be more productive and concentrated! thanks !

This is an amazing update, although I’m a bit late, it’s glad that making money will be easier for more developers around the platform! :slight_smile:

Does this update include for group game passes and dev products, or is it just 1-person created game?

This applies to group games as well.

1 Like

I’m a bit late but I have a game and the marketplace fee for paid access is still 90%? Is this intended or is it just a bug.

This would be a horrible change or Roblox as a company. What’s the point of premium then? For a developer, not really anything. Roblox would lose a lot of money from that and Roblox has to make money to stay a business. Allowing non premium players to use DevEx would be a the worst thing for Roblox to do as a company.

I think this is my favorite update I’ve seen in months! I helped create a game a few years ago and I always tried to have builders club to get 70% of what we made. For some reason I always had it when nobody was playing the game (not that we had a lot of players anyway). When I didn’t have a membership, like four people would spend (for us) a lot of robux! Great job! This will be great for small developers who can’t buy premium every month to keep their revenue up!

1 Like

Thank you roblox for this Update! As a small dev who has just joined a team of other small devs who are making a game this is a really good feature especially combined with Premium Payots.

Thanks lolhi0404!

2 Likes

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! this is better than premium payouts :happy3:

2 Likes

Does this include vip servers, because im still seeing 90% on them

1 Like

No. As the OP says, this only applies to game passes and developer products; not clothing, plugins, or VIP Servers.

3 Likes

Great update! It helps out all developers, and may inspire more developers to bloom! Great job!

1 Like

Brilliant progress towards making development more accessible for all.

1 Like