Unified Marketplace Fee for Dev Products and Game Passes

I am actually a bit confused about VIP servers not being included. First off, Roblox encouraged Devs to set their vip server prices to 10 robux, which is already a significant reduction for many, so to take 90% off of that leaves you with a single robuck. If you are going to reduce the fee for the dev products and game passes, why not servers as well? There is nothing stopping me from creating a custom VIP server system that uses dev products, but that undermines Roblox’s own and to be quite honest, is not as convenient. I feel that if Roblox encourages devs to drop their VIP server fees during this uncertain time, we should at least be given the 70% instead of only 10.

2 Likes

Thank you very very much! I cannot imagine it! I don’t have premium anymore, and my game is pretty much has little revenue, but thank you i can get a lot of robux from my game, and not little anymore!

1 Like

Another amazing change from the legenedary coefficients (the coolest guy on the roblox staff team, like seriously guys haven’t you seen how cool he is?)

2 Likes

This is so amazing. Lots of people I know were not motivated to make games because they couldn’t afford premium and they made so less robux compared to users with premium who got 70% from purchases. More developers are now going to be motivated because they know they will get most of the profits they earn.

3 Likes

Will this also be applied to sell paid acess for games ?

Thanks for this feature, this helps a lot !

1 Like

Or selling a game, For paid acess.

This is just game passes and developer products.

This is amazing, people where buying my products, and gamepasses and I got only very small amount of robux :angry:, now after this, no matter if I have premium or not, I can finally earn fair amount of Robux. thank you Roblox! This is one of the best updates! :wink:

1 Like

Would Roblox make non-premium users upload shirts too? :pleading_face:

3 Likes

He is referring about the new game sort, which to qualify would require setting vip server prices to 10 robux.

oh now I understand sorry I thought he was talking in general

That would lead to chaos with bots stealing and re uploading shirts.

Theres already a lot of people stealing and reuploading clothing, if you ever saw the catalog.

Exactly, so imagine everyone being able to upload shirts.

There wouldn’t be a difference really, you can already tell the catalog is filled up with copied shirts and pants and if everyone is able to upload them then it will just be overfilled, not much difference.

1 Like

Finding the 1 original shirt in 100 copies is hard; finding the 1 original shirt in an endless sea of botted shirts is impractical at best.

2 Likes

Then maybe just allow non-premium members to be able to upload shirts and pants for free, but keep selling them for premium users? That prevents your issue entirely.

2 Likes

Nice! i really liked this! roblox is becoming more generous time by time!

Wait, so if I don’t have Roblox premium, I can’t do the developer program? Like, I can’t exchange my robux for money?

1 Like

Developer Exchange is still locked to premium users. If you only need premium for DevEx, it’s possible to just pay £5 for a 1-month plan when your going to DevEx.