Unified Marketplace Fee for Dev Products and Game Passes

I mean yea, let’s lower things for our non-premium members. However, us clothing designers still have to pay 5$ a month and it sucks. All of the “privileges” we had as premium/bc members have slowly been taken from us, so I believe we shouldn’t have to pay to upload clothing either. I just think that’s fair. :confused:

3 Likes

Your concerns are valid. Although I welcome this change it only promotes scam games to scam more than usual.

1 Like

damn 2 great things rolled out lately, good job :+1:

2 Likes

What do you mean scam games? Bait n Switch?

1 Like

Will non premium members be able to DevEx eventually? :thinking: I doubt it, but I would like to find out the answer to this!

1 Like

That is amazing, great to see roblox supporting non premium players!

2 Likes

Now, as a non-premium user, I can finally sustainably competitively price my items!
Thanks guys!

2 Likes

An incredible update! I was afraid of not being able to launch my game because of the 90% rate. Now it will help a lot! However, does the same apply to “shirts”? For example, I am making my game and “hired” someone to make a sword for me. Neither he nor I are Premium subscribers, but he does have a group with a “t-shirt” for sale. Will Roblox still earn 90% of that profit? If so, he could just publish a game and make a gamepass for me to buy. Still, this update helps developers a lot, and I can say it helps me a lot!

3 Likes

Non-BC/Non-Premium users have never been able to sell clothing (atleast since BC was first introduced) so there is no change there.

1 Like

Oh thank god, I can finally start earning more profit from my game, since most of it went to the fee. Huge thanks to you all!

3 Likes

Comes at a good time for me as I’m planning on launching (or relaunching) some recreations of older obbies, so selling VIP will now be worth it :smiley:

2 Likes

OH MY! These recent updates have been so good, I am considering them as a Pre/Post April Fool’s joke! Thank you Roblox for considering the developer during this pandemic, and allowing us to earn more from our content! :blush:

Question: I am just wondering; what are the benefits now, for Premium? Is this also for what developers may earn from V.I.P. server purchases, and sold clothing, or is it just for Developer Products and Game passes? :astonished:

1 Like

What would be the point of developers having premium other than trading?

3 Likes

You can get more Robux, when buying a set amount, I am pretty sure this is one, though I can’t currently think of more.

4 Likes

Maybe the ability to make & sell clothing?

3 Likes

This is a great update! It’s going to help a lot of new developers like me that don’t have premium.

3 Likes

It was 30% for groups even before this, very recently non-premiums members got the ability to make groups. I’m just saying this doesn’t change much since every non-premium user could get a 30% fee even before this change. They just had to make their game in a group that’s it.

2 Likes

omg, This has to be the best update of all time

8 Likes

Elaborate on this concern, please. Are you afraid of the pricing going higher?

I really appreciate the approach of giving more to the content creators who make roblox what it is oppose to giving extreme service to star creators. This is the right direction and i’m glad they’re taking their first steps.

1 Like