Unified Marketplace Fee for Dev Products and Game Passes

You’ve effectively removed all but two perks of premium, thank you Roblox. Nobody wanted this, what’s next, anyone can trade limiteds? Thanks for ruining builders club and premium!

2 Likes

Brilliant update, roblox has been on a streak of good updates lately.

1 Like

I cannot describe how amazing this update is. I can finally make a decent amount of Robux off of a game without Premium!

I really like the way you guys are heading with Premium. It’s more of an add-on rather than something that you feel a great need to buy.

2 Likes

Awesome update, thanks ROBLOX DevForum team!

4 Likes

I think the idea with Premium, other than the Robux stipend, is to provide a global “Premium membership” to games, rather than have every game implement their own membership systems.

Players just purchase Roblox Premium, and that unlocks Premium features in all games that implement Premium features.

This basically eliminates the need for “VIP Gamepasses,” however, it’s still an option if you’d prefer to do it yourself.

1 Like

Finally! This has been a dream of mine every since I first opened studio! Glad to see Roblox taking major steps to ease the dive into development on the platform.

At this point what are premium users paying for? All of our benefits are being stripped away! I have had premium for years and been fine with the payment but now I have no idea why I am buying premium. If you want to encourage people to sell people premium on their games at least make it worth something.

3 Likes

Very cool!!! I’m so glad the fee was finally lowered!

90% fee was the main reason why I didn’t want to develop without Premium. I believe that a lot of users will now have an incentive to do so! I do want to suggest removal of the “must have Premium” requirement for DevEx…if you’re trying to get people to build a business with your platform I think it would be a great step towards achieving that.

But regardless, thank you! :smiley:

6 Likes

Nobody wanted this? Almost every reply here are positive agreedments. Don’t get confused thinking that everyone likes the same thing as you. Not everyone is like you that can afford Premium. (Or atleast cant buy it for some reason.) Also Roblox is doing this for the majority (which dont have Premium.) not for the minority that has.

3 Likes

I like this update, but it will discourage players from purchasing premium, lowering Premium Payouts for everyone, surely.

I love this change! I can’t wait to see all the profit I make and how the Premium is now a universal subscription for games with built in premium benefits!

You still can make shirts, pants, you get Robux from it, you can trade, its not like something terrible.

1 Like

You’re ruling out the possibility of more Premium benefits in the future, though.

1 Like

Really good update Roblox thank you!! This is great for the developers that do not have premium. Losing 90 percent from the fee makes such a big difference, now it doesn’t happen anymore!!! However I think premium users should at least get the fee lower to like 20 or 10 percent. We should have more benefits for the membership since it used to be so much better but now it isn’t as useful as it used to be.

4 Likes

This is an amazing change! It seems we are coming to an era where Roblox can no longer be tied to subscriptions. Premium is now a title with a few rewards, but nothing that will impede you from developing and actually becoming successful.

However I do wonder - will there be other features for premium only or will premium basically just become a robux subscription?

6 Likes

@coefficients

What about DevEx. IS that still limited to Premium? Also what about Trading?

2 Likes

Finally this should have happened years ago but better late than never i guess. Thank you for being less greedy i know money makes the world go round and is hard to resist but i guess you’ve made enough off other peoples work to make it happen eh.

3 Likes

These are the types of changes that is making Roblox into a more viable platform for businesses. Not everyone has the money to get Premium, which results in it being harder to get a jumpstart in development due to the 90% marketplace fee. I’m glad to see old caps such as a place limit for non premium members being removed.

Excited to see what’s next!

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure that you can’t DevEx without Premium, which would be the point to have it for the ones who have enough revenue coming in to be able to DevEx.
Premium is mainly intended for players I believe.

1 Like

Awesome, glad things are being put in place and or changed to make things easier, would be nice if you didn’t need premium to dev ex, I’m not in the position to even begin thinking about dev ex but it would be nice in the future.