Unified Marketplace Fee for Private Servers, Paid Access and Plugin Marketplace Sales

Wow, it‘s quite… it‘s really good. I really love the efforts you are doing this year. Good Job!

(P.S.: Next step would be to improve account security, but still love what you are doing!)

5 Likes

Tbh I’m confused if it was a dream in which I saw this happening or was it just a imagination? But dang, I’m very thankful for this change! Both non premium & premium players will have a fair chance on their development or anything related to it! Tysm Roblox & the teams! :heart:

4 Likes

Seeing as free private servers now exist, I don’t think they need to lower the minimum price for servers. At the minimum price, you make 7 robux from the sale, and there’s not much point in selling anything for less than that.

4 Likes

This is another very positive update for users who may not be able to afford or get premium. Though with this in mind, premium is becoming more and more useless for developers.

4 Likes

I doubt that will happen, lowering the fee can affect roblox’s profit and inflation rates.

3 Likes

Doesn’t matter for bigger developers. You must still have premium for devex. Better for smaller developers, but also they need premium for payout. It’s a good update when premium for devex is not needed.

2 Likes

This is amazing news! Happy Roblox took this into consideration :smiley:

2 Likes

uhm; firstly it’s a free platform, second it’s nice that they are atleast doing something

2 Likes

Thank you! Finally a better window for us developers to earn more profit from our hard work!

3 Likes

This change has been very long awaited. I am happy to see this finally coming into reality!

2 Likes

This kind of ruins the whole point of why I have premium. I use it to gain 60% extra robux from sales. Now I feel like premium is a waste to me.

3 Likes

Looks like Roblox is shifting away from the Builder Club era when you had to pay to have all the benefits of being a developper in Roblox.
This is great! Premium is being more appealing to players and not only to devs like it was with the Builder Club.
Nice job Roblox! :clap:

3 Likes

I remember they temporarily lowered the fee to 15% during a Roblox tax holiday weekend back in 2013. I wish they would do that kind of stuff again from time to time.

3 Likes

Thanks for the extremely positive update here, this is probably among one of the most helpful I’ve seen for developers like me, since I’m small and don’t have much of a concurrent player base. This will certainly help me be able to advertise more, as less of my profits are taken from me when I lose my Roblox Premium. Thank you Roblox! :white_heart:

3 Likes

This is definitely going to help a lot of rising developers, or new developers that haven’t made their names yet, and are unsure about their revenue intake from their game! That’s a huge load off their backs($5 a month or $60 a year may not seem like much, but from the point of view of new broke developers it hurts). Of course this will help old developers as well.

My friends used to complain a lot about the old policy considering the raw deal of being coerced into paying for premium just to be able to get revenue worth their time game developing. Thank you for this new update!!

2 Likes

It’s great that the tax is gone, I never agreed with it, but is premium going to get more features over time? It feels like paying for premium now is a waste since more and more features are being removed.

3 Likes

Oh, that’s kinda sad to know for me LOL i JUST bought Premium recently because I wanted to upload clothing and for the 70% so that’s kinda funny, but I do agree with this update. I really like allowing normal- non Premium users to have a good margin, is great. 10% was just TOO LOW. Way too much;

Edit: If you NEVER had a group, and you never had premium in that case, basically you’re screwed with those 10%, cuz groups allow you to get 70% no matter what. But I am glad this update ever happened

3 Likes

This makes it better for developers to earn more robux from their projects to put up more ads for example.

2 Likes

You know, there was a fight between Apple and another company… But anyways, that ended up not doing much; 30% is basically the standard for digital and physical stores; I don’t think it will go to 15%.

2 Likes

So true; I kinda wish Roblox allowed you to have free acess to ads, depending on others factors, like visits, or something like that. Maybe verified players? You can’t really grow your game without having robux to spend on ads, unless some star creator helps you with that. I still really like this update, It’s just great, and it encourages new developers coming to the platform. And I really want roblox to continue making updates like these, which help small, or developers without much money;

3 Likes