Unified Marketplace Fee for Private Servers, Paid Access and Plugin Marketplace Sales

me who just thought you forgot about those.

2 Likes

yall people don’t understand economics, not even the basics, if roblox decides to make all fees 10% tommorrow than all limited’s prices will sky rocket, roblox developers would be making so much there would be inflation and they will give less for dev ex and now you buying your 400 robux for 5 dollars would be not worth nothin’

7 Likes

Awesome! Could you guys also remove the premium requirement on DevEx? Because it makes no sense that you have to pay $5 so Roblox can pay you $350+.

One might argue that it’s a sort of “fee” Roblox takes, but that makes no sense considering how little people actually DevEx.

Assuming that about ~10,000 developers would have the capacity to DevEx, and they all do it each month (highly unlikely), it’d net Roblox about $50,000 a month. This sounds like a lot, but considering their operations cost them millions per month, this is nothing in the grand scheme of things. So I doubt there’s any monetary reason behind it.

2 Likes

Roblox isn’t a standard company, and I do think that the fee NEEDS to go to 15% or 20% at least to keep its developers interested and manage to get some new ones.

2 Likes

Yes, another tax cut. If roblox is going to try having another tax cut again, be careful of how much you are going to cut before you ruin the roblox economy :wink: :roblox_light:

3 Likes

Prob is, sometimes people get a load of poisoned robux, deposit it in a game and attempt to devex it. This extra precaution is to sort of VERIFY the funds one step more so that in the case that they discover that it is poisoned, they can then remember to deny the email in the case of them attempting to devex again.

1 Like

YAS! Private servers took such a big percentage in the past! This is amazing

1 Like

Been waiting for a change like this, I’m glad you guys changed the market fee.

1 Like

I’m a little surprised Roblox did this, I didn’t really have a problem with the system but this seems like a positive change. Now how about we lower that 30% fee :smiley:

1 Like

Wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment to remove Premium as a requirement for DevExing. I find myself saving Robux so that I only have to DevEx once every quarter or so rather than doing it on a monthly basis (granted I am a high school student who doesn’t really need the stable income yet) and the $5 really doesn’t come as much to me, but it would be a $5 that I could spend towards another McDonald’s meal.

There seems to be less and less of a reason for me as a scripter to keep a subscription that would otherwise not benefit me other than enabling me to DevEx, especially when the gaps between Premium and non-Premium are slowly closing in terms of developers.

2 Likes

This is awesome. Very happy to see you guys do this. A step in the right direction for sure.

1 Like

I don’t think that giving them $5 makes it any more secure, they can already see attached emails as well too. It’s not like someone with poisoned Robux or a scammer can’t use a gift card or other payment methods to do the same.

1 Like

This changes a lot for small developers who don’t have the ability to consistently pay for a subscription. I believe this has truly changed ROBLOX for the better! Maybe Premium members could possibly get a small reduced fee now?

2 Likes

Their next step should be removing the need for premium to sell clothing, I know that this is easier said than done, and there are reasons why it needs to be a ‘‘paid for’’ feature, but I really hate having to pay 5 dollars monthly JUST to put 3 or 4 clothing pieces on sale.

3 Likes

Woahh, now that’s awesome, now paid games will get more than 10% of robux

1 Like

I think the reason of the template copiers, devs should protect the template of clothing

Thank you so much, Roblox!!! This is awesome for new and starting out developers!

Premium members get benefits in various games.

Every company has pay for ads at the beginning. Thats how it works, plus ads are based on a bid system which wouldn’t make sense if its free.

This is such great news, A good step towards Roblox development and its developers. Great update which will change the future of roblox entirely :slight_smile: