Unions doesn't always save

So I am currently working on a game with a few unions and I’m having trouble as they do not always save?

I wanted to ask if there is any ways to make them save no matter what instead of me having a transparent union that disappears when I seperate them.
I don’t think I need any pictures, it’s just a union completely transparent that disappears when I seperate it.

I am trying to make a doorway but sometimes it just doesn’t save which can be annoying when I have to re-do them.

I do always anchor my negated parts when making these things, is there something I’m forgetting or missing?

3 Likes

Hi this is quite a common bug is which unions may just disappear after unioning, negating or separating models. There isn’t really a way around it but for doorways etc I would recommend using mesh parts.

2 Likes

This generally happens when you have complex shapes. I’d recommend simplifying your geometry a bit.

It has happened to me often and my workaround is to use Ctrl + D to duplicate the CSG object (that way, it makes a copy at the exact same coordinates unlike Ctrl + C and V which pastes it above or to the side) and then I move the duplicate to the side and do my CSG operations there. If it fails or shows up as invisible, I simply go back to the original and revise.

In some rare cases, even doing Ctrl + Z for undoing the operation and then redoing it later may yield an ‘invisible’ CSG object, which is why making a backup is more feasible.