Unions have gone invisible

Last night I was building some things with unions. I come back on this morning and everything that was unioned has become invisible… It’s still there just invisible. If I try to seperate the unions it just deletes it.
Please tell me theres a fix for this.

14 Likes

This is a common issue and has been reported many times before.

You might find the following threads helpful:

2 Likes

There’s no fix to this since they got corrupted. You need to redo the unions.

2 Likes

There is no way to fix this, the unions are corrupted. You could try reverting the game to a previous version to see if the unions show up there, but if not then they’re gone. I’ve turned to meshes because this is a common issue with unions. You could try to disable CSGV2 and remake the unions, but meshes are most likely a better option.

2 Likes

As a person who uses unions quite often, I agree that there is no way to fix this, as this is a bug.
I still don’t know how this is triggered since this often happens at random, or whenever saving or (rarely) publishing the place.

Now don’t feel down when there’s literally no way to reverse this, but you can avoid it.
Either publish your union to the server or save it locally before saving or publishing your place.
You can also try moving the corrupted union to another place, although it may not work most of the time.

And like Steve said,

you can also consider disabling CSGv2 through
File > Settings > Physics > scroll down until you see “Disable CSGv2”.

Disabling CSGv2 may fix your union back to normal at random instead of you redoing it, but this doesn’t work all the time.

4 Likes

Sometimes I just separate them and union them again and they usually show up. Not sure why it does this though.

3 Likes

This happened to me once and I reverted my game to the previous versions and it worked! They’re visible now but I still have to remake some little stuff which wasn’t saved last time.

Why does Roblox not fix this stupid bug? I just lost 4 hours of work and it doesn’t even come back.

2 Likes

I hate this bug a lot. I think the only solution is to convert unions into meshes.

You can try splitting the one union into multiple separate unions, perhaps 3 parts instead of one. If it’s to avoid intersecting parts, use increments when you build to get precise sizes for your parts, and gap fill to cleanly fill any angles.

1 Like

I hate this bug a lot. You need to redo all thing you have done before.

1 Like

For me I just don’t even union things anymore. That do not requite solid modelling that is…

1 Like