Unknown moderation issue

Hi, I’m a UGC creator. I’ve written about this topic before, and again I was banned for similarly unknown reasons.

I uploaded the below items and was banned for 1 day. All other items in the same variations were uploaded, but only brown hair was deleted and the account became unusable. The reason for deletion is “Discriminatory”. I don’t understand this moderation reason and I have no idea which part of this item should be fixed and uploaded again.

Where does this asset contain discriminatory content?

Something is wrong with this. Many creators are on the same page. I think Roblox moderation system should reconsider how to handle it after moderate so that it does not ban accounts.

As I said in my previous post(Unknown item moderation issue), please at least provide a legitimate detailed reason for the item being deleted and the account being banned, and take care of it for creators to understand. It doesn’t make sense to ban accounts just because an item is moderated when it’s not a good reason to understand.

In addition, I can’t even find the ID of that asset in the Violations & Appeals link. Where should I appeal for the wrong item moderation?

5 Likes

I heard that if someone are banned more than three times, that account will be deleted, does that apply to me? I think It’s so unfair. :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Hello! I don’t create UGC items yet, but I have a lot of experience with unfair asset banning and appeals. I recommend appealing not through this automatic system, but writing to Roblox Support, it happened to me many times that the automatic system rejected the appeal and Roblox Support restored the asset, because of course it did not contain anything inappropriate. It happened to me many times that assets were banned for discrimination or other reasons and of course it was a mistake and the assets were restored. Sometimes assets are banned for discrimination when the asset name contains a combination of some words, e.g. Anime Girl Black Uniform - where the word “black” refers to the color of the uniform but the bot sees the name differently. However, many times assets get banned simply for no reason. Don’t worry, firstly, the account won’t get deleted after 3 bans and secondly, Roblox Support will remove not only the ban but also the warning from your account when they restore the asset, and of course this asset does not contain anything inappropriate and will be restored. Roblox moderation is a joke.

4 Likes

Please upload items from an alt account to stay safe! :]

1 Like

This bug seems to have been marked as solved internally without a resolution

2 Likes

In the case of 2D clothes it is easy but uploading UGC accessories requires verification with an ID card so unfortunately I will have to upload accessories from the main account and this is one of the reasons why I still don’t create accessories, it’s just that the way Roblox moderation works makes me really afraid of problems.

Agreed, roblox should have an option for checking if an item has a chance of getting moderated instead of banning straight up

1 Like

Of course moderation would just suggest,
“erm, have you considered reading the rules???”
Meanwhile the rules are either ambiguous or Roblox is stretching the rules meaning beyond any reasonable person would understand them.

3 Likes

“guys just read the rules, they’re easy to understand”
the rules:
“1+1=36”

1 Like