Unlock Recruitment Posts

Restricting engagement on posts makes it difficult to recruit developers!

With an oversaturated market, it has become essential to produce high quality games at rapid speeds. This is no longer possible to do by yourself. Hence why it is crucial to recruit talented developers with designated skillsets.

I have made several posts in #collaboration:recruitment and when comparing the numbers of views I have relative to the top posts, it is fair to say that I number lower by a huge margin. I dwelled into this and found that due to low engagement, no one outside the timeline of the post would have had a chance to see the post at all.

This is a serious problem, old job listings have huge activity, because only new recruitment posts gets closed, old jobs will always stay there no matter what.

6 Likes

Topics were set to close because of the toxicity the category housed by leaving them open. We don’t need this toxicity – the devforum should instead point users to direct messages in that category, and the talent hub is coming out eventually, despite in private beta right now.

5 Likes

I don’t believe some black sheeps among us should represent the whole. Users can be toxic anywhere, when the barrier to entry is lowered, maturity is something that gets sacrificed.

Closing down the recruitment posts wasn’t good decision-making, and should have the change rolled back.

The talent hub is in Beta, and there’s no ETA as you say. It isn’t a valid option for us to sit and wait.

2 Likes

This still stands, I am also going to leave this here for a more indepth reason why the change was made.

4 Likes

Disagree, much pointless disputes that could’ve been handled privately when it was unlocked.

Roblox is releasing Talent Hub in Q2: Roblox Creator Roadmap

This will probably lead to total deprecation of the collab category on this forum.

5 Likes

A solution to the disputes problem could be a slow mode of maybe 3 hours so people can still comment but fighting would have to be moved to DMs.

That could be one solution, but it could also turn out as severely limiting or could be part of a long-term problem the forum has. The problem is people not following basic guidelines and rules. What could end up happening is questions flooding the #collaboration:recruitment topics without the author being able to effectively respond or someone being able to ask more questions. They would need to solve it through DMs which makes it more complicated than it needs to be. Why even comment in the first place when you know it’s going to be moved to DMs anyway?

I’m not saying your idea is necessarily bad. With a few tweaks it could be a potential solution to a problem of this kind. If a problem existed, that is. OP’s feature request would do more bad than good if it was accepted and your solution would come only after, if ever.

I don’t support this feature request whatsoever. It’s unnecessary and would lead to more problems than solutions.