Upcoming Ads Roadmap and Changes

All for new ways to make money but why on earth do we need a special manager for ads?
seems unnecessary to me as the current system seems to work fine as it is, not against the improvement though so hoping to see it soon.

if this helps get BETTER games to see the light of day then I’m all for these changes.
I just don’t want to see the whole Obby library in my discovery feed again as I feel those games are a joke to what the platform can achieve and often still retain scammy and predatory prompt spam.

Not alot of people spend the time to realize that the engine ROBLOX uses can be used for more than simple obby games which died back in 2016 or earlier in terms of quality.

if you unironically play obby games then stay away from me.

1 Like

The uniqueness in roblox it has to stay thesame not following the Goodle and YouTube Ads.

4 Likes

Nice, please we NEED Gui Ads

1 Like

I do not wish to give Roblox my ID and my location. This is horrible. I do not see the need for this either, seems unnecessary.

4 Likes

Okay roblox, respectfully what the heck is this? I doubt making sponsors more expensive and less accessible will help either devs or your revenue stream in general. Removing robux as the primary form of payment is not the right move in my opinion, though at least we can convert robux to ad credit if we REALLY NEED it.

Removing user ads I’m kind of on the fence about as some of the ads are kind of funny, though overall I don’t think that part will have a huge impact on the platform, and as you stated, I believe it will help make advertising more intuitive, even if said advertisements are made 10x harder to access. (Don’t quote me on that, it’s an exaggeration of an immeasurable thing)

Guess influencer promotion is officially the new meta for advertising, if it wasn’t already better.

5 Likes

Looks like we have our answer, the minimum bid is $0.01 for sponsors.

2 Likes

People don’t really click on classic advertisements anymore and they’re not really worth the money most of time these days, so I can see why Roblox is discontinuing them tbh.

It’s definitely a bit disappointing to see that they’ll be gone soon, but it’s probably worth it if we’ll be getting a better advertisement system afterwards.

2 Likes

Perfect! Thanks for the info. I’m more okay with this change now. However I’m still concerned that changing to a CPP model will increase advertisement costs. The algorithm could keep showing games with terrible icons at a low CPP bid, and make it so games with high click through rate get worse impressions.

1 Like

Why are you asking for my address? No thanks…

2 Likes

Pointless for Indy developers. I know from recent experience that they only way to get a new game seen by enough people to matter, you need to dump hundreds of dollars of advertising into it because all of the established brands price you out of the market. It is very anti-competitive for up-and-coming quality games. Roblox used to be THE platform for new game devs to cut their teeth on but now it’s just like the rest of them.

6 Likes

Yeah. I’ve been blocking ads for 4 years. Occasionally I’ll turn it off for just a minute to see how ads are like on the platform. Unimproved, boring, clickbaity, scams, etc.
User Ads should be removed.

1 Like

> be me
> be group owner, want to advertise game
> mfw this change happens

it’s very over /b/ros

3 Likes

Sorry but I refuse to give out my private information just to host advertisements for my games as I am being buried over other corporate ads, I
I hope the decision on User Ads is reworked instead of removed completely as I will look for further alternatives.

1 Like

This decision is simply infuriating especially for newer developers trying to get their game out there. This removes part of Roblox’s unique charm in a way as I always found it fun to come across an interesting ad once in a while. This change will make Roblox feel even more corporate than it already is.

2 Likes

This is really annoying as 1, I shouldn’t have to put so much personal info for a ROBLOX ad. 2 I don’t see people clicking on ads in game. This overall makes things more complicated for trying to a get a game seen by people.

1 Like

This update really isn’t for us and just makes it harder for smaller Roblox developers to get their game out there. The only thing this update benefits is the massive corporations like Walmart. I really hope they rethink this decision.

3 Likes

hmm yes old ads on the website were intrusive so let’s change them to even more intrusive ads inside of the experiences themselves, im sure nothing can go wrong and this is a flawless idea

4 Likes

Removing User Ads can affect new developers trying to get their games popular.

7 Likes

Yep. Guess I’ll have to rush my game development so I can get a playerbase before this update is pushed out.

2 Likes

can we not do this please, I don’t want to rush the development of my game.

Such is life.

1 Like