Upcoming Ads Roadmap and Changes

> be me
> be group owner, want to advertise game
> mfw this change happens

it’s very over /b/ros

3 Likes

Sorry but I refuse to give out my private information just to host advertisements for my games as I am being buried over other corporate ads, I
I hope the decision on User Ads is reworked instead of removed completely as I will look for further alternatives.

1 Like

This decision is simply infuriating especially for newer developers trying to get their game out there. This removes part of Roblox’s unique charm in a way as I always found it fun to come across an interesting ad once in a while. This change will make Roblox feel even more corporate than it already is.

2 Likes

This is really annoying as 1, I shouldn’t have to put so much personal info for a ROBLOX ad. 2 I don’t see people clicking on ads in game. This overall makes things more complicated for trying to a get a game seen by people.

1 Like

This update really isn’t for us and just makes it harder for smaller Roblox developers to get their game out there. The only thing this update benefits is the massive corporations like Walmart. I really hope they rethink this decision.

3 Likes

hmm yes old ads on the website were intrusive so let’s change them to even more intrusive ads inside of the experiences themselves, im sure nothing can go wrong and this is a flawless idea

4 Likes

Removing User Ads can affect new developers trying to get their games popular.

7 Likes

Yep. Guess I’ll have to rush my game development so I can get a playerbase before this update is pushed out.

2 Likes

can we not do this please, I don’t want to rush the development of my game.

Such is life.

1 Like

Oh, what’s that? ROBLOX is introducing ANOTHER garbage update that will do nothing but hurt the platform? And they’re not listening to the community? Sounds like a Wednesday. What an amazing birthday present.

I hate you so much.

13 Likes

Well you might be right about this…

I was in the middle of doing a daily sponsor streak to maintain traction in hopes of rising on the algorithm but Roblox had to introduce probably the worst possible update to sponsored experiences yet basically forcing me to toss hundreds of dollars down the drain.

If you look at the first sponsored ad on the list you can see I spent 70 Credits on it which is about 20K Robux. I didn’t touch the amount to bid so I kept it at the default of 0.05 CPT (Clicks Per Teleport, Mind you this is a sponsored ad, not sure how teleporting ties into this). It states that any unused credits will be returned once the advertising cycle is completed which I have yet to receive. The most shocking part is the number of impressions only being at a measly 27! No visits recorded either.
I’m assuming that the reason I haven’t received my credits means they have all been used up, if this is the case then these are unacceptable numbers. With 20K Robux you can expect 200K to 2M impressions depending on your target audience.

The second sponsored ad was created about 4 and a half hours since writing this post and it still hasn’t even started collecting impressions. I even set the CPT to the max which is 2 (The equivalent to this would be CPP or “Cost Per Play” for the old sponsored system, a CPP of around 3 to 10 would be considered ideal and a decent result, no idea how 2 CPT does any good here).

I’m really intrigued to see how this cycle will turn out. I set a budget of 70 with the maximum CPT possible with the intention to obviously using all my 70 credits to its full potential. If I somehow get credits back (which I doubt since I haven’t from my previous sponsor) then I have no clue how to use up all the credits. Maybe I’m just doing something wrong and I’m misunderstanding something but sponsoring your experience shouldn’t have to be this complicated with completely unexpected and unexplained results.

3 Likes

Right so…

I was quite curious about this “new” ad system and decided to bid 122 Ad Credits (equivalent to about 34770 Robux) on Sponsored Ads.

Just about 16 hours in and here are the stats;

A whopping 3 clicks and 1 play, quite frustrated about this inconvenience. I am assuming this is some error on Roblox’s side so hopefully y’all can resolve this!

7 Likes

Yup this is the same as the experience I’m having, so thanks for the insight. It’s really concerning that you have not received the ad credit back, as that is basically Roblox stealing from us and failing to deliver what they promised in the advertising system. Please send an update if you happen to get your credits back.

2 Likes

I feel like the new ads manager was a rushed update and I consider it very unprofessionnal on Roblox’s behalf to force a platform-scale feature like this without it being tested properly. It’s still a beta feature so I think there should have been more time for it to be properly tested in terms of both efficiency and compatibility with the diverse users. A lot of us have lost their credits because of how ineffective the ads are, especially when you accumulate a total of 3,000 impressions for 5k+ robux. It is pretty cool to see these updates though, I just think they should be thoroughly tested before forcing it to the whole platform.

3 Likes

finding shoomama in forums is wild. Im the first youtube you gave an affiliate link to.
your right about what you said the CPP sucks right now because of the new sponsors

Just making a note that I’m beginning to see unspent ad credits be refunded.

Even worse, 2.7K impressions for 20K Robux. My second sponsor cycle finished and the results are in, out of 70 credits only about 49 were used and I have yet to be refunded any unused credits from both ads.

There needs to be serious testing to make sure this is running properly and some sort of alternative sponsor method we could use that actually works while this is being addressed, I feel like the old sponsor method was removed prematurely. If these are the results we can expect to see from now on then the investment is nowhere near worth it.

As it stands I’m going to have to discontinue sponsoring in the meantime while watching a potential growth collapse into dust with my investment in the bin, I’m severely disappointed on how the rollout of this update was handled and hopefully this can be addressed very soon.

3 Likes

This update would be really great if it weren’t for the User Ads removal. Not only are user ads in plain sight, leading to higher visibility, but they are well known and liked by the community. They are also easier to make and distribute than an Immersive Ad.

This update will help mega corporations mass advertise intrusively, but make even more hurdles for smaller developers to get their game off the ground. This platform is meant for small developers to make games; not as another mean for corporations to advertise to children.

Focused on the objectives you care about

Not really.

2 Likes

TL:DR: Garbage update. Roblox Corp. coping.

5 Likes

I just threw in 28k bobux to see what was going on. Why is it now in terms of ad credit instead of robux? What’s the point of this update?

2 Likes