Upcoming Beta Removal - TerrainTools:ConvertTool

I completely agree. I use the beta feature an absolute ton.
The only complaint I have with it is that it can be a little choppy sometimes. Maybe they should make an effort to re-implement it to help that.

Man, removing this tools give me such a big impact on my development workflow, I use this tools for converting big part like 1000x1000 or even 2000x2000 to create mountain or something, using plugin not going to work because of the limitation of plugin, All the plugin u guys provide as alternative only work for small part and not big part.

In the video below, you can see what I mean

I really hope you guys bring back this tools as soon as possible. Or just put the old version GitHub - Roblox/Studio-Tools: Built-in ROBLOX Studio Lua plugins in this GitHub for people to download, while waiting the better version that still in development.

1 Like

I made a port of the original Part to Terrain functionality in the Terrain Tools but as a community plugin instead: stravant - Part to Biome / Terrain - Roblox

I provided both a copy of the original panel, and an explicit “Convert” button which you can bind to a keyboard shortcut for easier access, which converts with the last settings you had.

7 Likes

Honestly I hate this update since there is not any plug-in that let’s you select multiple parts and convert them at the same time (if there is please help me)

See my post right above yours :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mine does this too!

1 Like

Sorry for the problems the plugin this causing!

If you need to convert big parts, try disabling the “Preserve existing Terrain” in the settings and see if that helps. The preserving feature has a much smaller limit as documented in the Roblox Developer page.

Man, you’re a lifesaver - as always.

The scale of my project absolutely necessitated, as the backbone to the entire workflow, a process in which mountains could be blocked out with meshes, imported back in as wedges using XAXA’s collision generator, and then converted en-masse to actual terrain (with each group of wedges numbering thousands). I was probably one of the very few in those double-digits that made extensive use of the function, I’m relieved to see that you’ve offered a convenient solution to restore that feature.

Command line macros are obviously doable, but it’s always better to have a solution that only requires a few clicks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.