Upcoming Changes to Avatar Catalog Upload Requirements

I completely forgot about the 30%, this change has a huge impact on smaller designers.

5 Likes

Doesn’t this technically remove the point of “creativity” and “free expression” on the ROBLOX platform that y’all strive for? Now you will have to pay extra just to further in creativity?

7 Likes

Yes, that’s what I am saying. :grin:

3 Likes

Assuming a designer wants to upload 10 clothing items a month and having to pay 100 Robux per clothing for the fee, that would be 1,000 Robux. For small designers, that’s way too much if they’re going to have to earn 1428 Robux in gross sale (due to Roblox marketplace tax) to even recuperate that fee, and then start earning profit.

6 Likes

OMG THANK YOU!!!
Ever sense I joined 5 years ago I have never made any clothing, I got builders club in 2017 and didn’t know how to make merch, not long ago was when I got premium and it expires soon, this changes EVERYTHING!

Thank you a lot Roblox!

2 Likes

I don’t think you realize there are more negative impacts…

5 Likes

I agree completely, it’s really limiting the amount of clothing someone can put out regardless of how big or small of a designer they are.

2 Likes

No I didn’t realize, my instant reaction was that I could finally make clothing without a monthly fee…

Out of all my time on Roblox I’ve only made 2 T-Shirts, so of course I reacted that way.

To be honest though, the only real major problem I see is small clothing designers, but if this fix solves a problem that has been affecting Roblox for 12 years now, the sacrifice is worth it.
Plus, sacrifice leads to quality.

2 Likes

sup, I’m sam, you might know me from my decently popular post basically describing all the problems the designing community faces and demanding a change

when I said the clothing catalog needed a change, honey, THIS ain’t what I meant…

before I start I just wanna apologize for the obvious difference in typing style/professionalism from the post I linked above, I am writing this in an (understandably) emotional and stressed state of mind

what (I feel) is happening

basically roblox is just shoving more fees down our throats :clown_face: bc they definitely don’t make enough money already!!

so starting sometime next year designers are gonna have to start paying a robux fee each time they wanna upload a design

I’ve heard from multiple sources that the fee is going to be around 100 robux, IF THIS IS TRUE I’m not saying it is, then the designing community is destroyed

the consequences

little designers are freaking dead
only the top clothing groups can afford to be paying 100 robux per upload, ain’t nobody have that kinda money
the roblox clothing industry is going to be monopolized by groups like aesthetic vibe, tiger, etc.
not everybody makes millions of robux in clothing sales per month
oh and did I mention small designers are absolutely screwed??

just stop

designing is literally one of the only things attracting me to roblox and i probably won’t be able to do it anymore if this is implemented

my youtube channel revolves around designing and i’ve only just started to grow

the same goes for my clothing group (recess aesthetics) that was about to hit 3k members, but not anymore bc im not going to waste money on ads if i cant freaking design

somebody please tell me im not the only one that feels this way

somebody lie to me and say this isn’t happening.

and SOMEBODY pls tell me roblox didn’t just attempt to censor me from voicing my problems and opinions on a completely relevant topic :clown_face:

28 Likes

Artists on this platform strive for creativity, designing, and developing. This change is only limiting that I’m not sure how this really helps…
I understand your moderation cause. However, what I don’t understand is that your response to poor moderation is increasing the price of uploading clothing.

5 Likes

Oh, I’m unaware about the price. I’ve changed my mind. Paying 100 Robux is way too much for a shirt. This is really unacceptable, though, especially for smaller designers. Paying 100 Robux is going to decrease our profits. I’d suggest you to lower the price.

3 Likes

And even the bigger are going to have a harder time putting a lot of clothing out there.

Assuming your clothings make sales, 100 robux for uploading clothing is not that bad. With this change your clothings will be more noticeable therefore producing more income.

Incorrect. On mobile, you can buy 80 robux for a dollar or less.

I never said i was correct.

But due to botting, most clothing are not recognised enough unless you pay heavily for advertisements. With this change, you can get your clothes recognised more and earn more.

2 Likes

Mhm. The fact that Roblox is moving in this direction is essentially saying that they care more about their own profits than creators. You can see this in many other ways, but this is unacceptable and quite honestly disgusting for a platform founded on and around the creators that make it what it is.

4 Likes

I honestly think the people who are saying, “oh this is better for non-premium users” are dumb. I didn’t have premium and just had somebody upload for me and paid her between 5-10 robux, wayyy better than paying for 100 every time you upload. Remember not everybody’s as rich as you may be.

8 Likes

The users and creators shouldn’t be the ones paying the price of Roblox’s poor moderation system.

4 Likes

If you’re going to do this make the fee at least like 3 - 10 Robux please! :pray:

8 Likes

Yeah, I used to find it really cool that I could just designer a piece of clothing and get sales and only need premium now having to pay a fee is really discouraging me.

3 Likes

The price isnt yet defined so we cant really assume it as a big value ( 100 rbx as it goes around )
Members should be grateful enough that the OPTION of uploading merch WITHOUT having premium is now made available, rather than criticizing about the price which has not even been revealed

1 Like

This change feels like a bittersweet victory,

It helps reduce botting and allows non-premium users to upload, but the cost to upload just seems outrageous as creators like to upload many colors at once

5 Likes