Upcoming changes to the Public Roblox Forum

I don’t see why this wouldn’t be the case. If the intent is to inform a specific community you’re a part of, it’s allowed.

4 Likes

They are allowed to view the posts and be informed. It’s not a perfect fix, given that some higher-ups in some communities have no devforum access, but it’s the best they can do on such short notice.

4 Likes

dang

4 Likes

Because of this:

11 Likes

The average users cannot collaborate and discuss in an open environment. The bulletin board only for dev forums members who have text files that they want to share.

10 Likes

Are you posting on behalf of someone else, or does your role in the group require you to post such information? Do you normally make group announcements? I guess that’s the question you’re supposed to ask yourself.

9 Likes

Again, it’s not perfect, and it definitely is not a permanent fix. But for an instant, temporary fix, it’s pretty good for now. The average users can discuss the post on the group wall.

7 Likes

Why do you think discussions have to be group-centric?

8 Likes

Because, in most cases, the posts are for the purpose of group communication. When it comes to games and the like, there isn’t much of an ability to converse. The best a user can do is message the creator and leave feedback. Like I said, it’s not perfect, I never claimed it was. I hope a complete, helpful solution is unveiled promptly.

8 Likes

Predictable change. The public forum probably isn’t worth moderating in-general and doesn’t provide as much as it used to for the company.

9 Likes

This. This right here, I agree with 100%. The forums are no longer safe for anyone below the age of 13, hell even above the age for that matter. There’s been too many instances of verbal and sexual harassment on the forums and they’re no longer used for what they’re made for, which is to converse about the said topics they’re associated with. Now they’re used to constantly berate one another, to harass one another, to freely state your opinions (no matter how offensive) and so on. I am supporting this fully. Take them down.

Also, with that being said, how will groups be able to showcase their information and such? Like group guides, tutorials, etc? Most groups use either Google Docs (although not allowed) and ROBLOX Forum Links. Are you planning an alternative for this?

12 Likes

A momentary fix for this is the #bulletin-board category. Basic users and above can post, and all users can read. It’s not perfect, but for the moment it will be helpful.
Learn more about it here: Upcoming changes to the Public Roblox Forum

7 Likes

Thanks! In the long run will it still be the #bulletin-board or something else though?

7 Likes

Night just updated the Bulletin Board description to clarify that posting on behalf of users is allowed in that category. The reason we don’t allow proxy posts elsewhere is because they’re usually low-quality and it’s hard to facilitate communication over a proxy, but since topics in Bulletin Board are read-only and they’re meant to be direct-link rather than browsed, the rule against proxy posting isn’t relevant here.

Also, this is not restricted to groups. Any community can use this category.

10 Likes

Awesome! Does this mean we can expect an improvement in waiting times for images etc to be approved?

6 Likes

I’m sure the number of users using the public forums was decreasing and such a change seemed appropriate. However, this definitely is going to affect traders and may just be the final blow to the clan community.

7 Likes

I’d assume so. It depends on how many moderators they had working on the forums in the first place–the more mods freed up, the more noticeable a difference.

5 Likes

Press F to pay respects

7 Likes

I agree with this as the forums ended up being quite a dangerous place to go to with scams everywhere and just people not being nice to each other.
I personally do not see the need for a public forum anyway.

6 Likes

It’s important to have a place dedicated solely to discussion. It helps to keep the rest of the site uncluttered.

9 Likes